11.18.2007

Webkinz Confidential



Friday morning I drove a friend's son to school. I overheard him telling my daughter that his mom and sister have a secret. I was all over that one! "What is the secret?" I asked.

"Well, my sister wanted a Webkin REALLY BAD and my mom got it for her - but we can't tell Dad." "Why not?" I implored. "Dad told Mom she can't spend any more money."

Luckily the drive to school is a short one. A couple more minutes and I would have had out the truth serum.

I remember one of my daughter's teachers telling me..."I'll make you a deal...don't believe everything your daughter says about me-and I promise I'll do the same for you!" I can only imagine the things kids tell their teachers about what goes on at home. These teachers could write an expose that would blow this town apart!

I know that first hand because I used to babysit two little girls out of my home and I learned all about their parents' fights, how mom took money out of their piggy banks and never paid it back, lots of juicy stuff. A more mature person would have nipped it in the bud when the little tykes started spilling the beans. I, on the other hand, just sat back and enjoyed the show!

I wonder what kind of personal tidbits my kids tell the babysitter while my husband and I are off gallivanting. I don't even want to know. Hopefully all the babysitters and school teachers in America can keep their vow of silence and honor-and try to keep a straight face when they look at us, knowing full well our dirty little secrets.

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

-Kahlil Gibran


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

This post made me laugh. I fear the day when my kids start telling their version of what goes on at home.

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Love the new look.

Hilarious. My 4 yr old told his preschool teacher that I was "irritating the fire out of him"..grrr-eat.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

How did you get a patterned background??!! Spill it sista.

Funny story!

linda said...

I was the religion teacher for my daughter's communion year ( 2nd grade)...we would take turns saying our prayers to begin the class---you should've heard the stuff the kids said about their families- YIKES!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I don't even want to know what my kids have said about me!

Kim said...

I'm sure my kids have told plenty (and still do) but the thing that struck me was the Webkinz.

May I just say after a weekend of cleaning closets and getting rid of a kazillion Beanie Babies, that I am down on my knees in grateful prayer that I don't have to buy those Webkinz things.

Avery Gray said...

Wow! Sounds like what my child would be whispering about me if he was doing that sort of thing yet. I think I still have a little bit more time. I better get all the naughty things out of my system by then!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.