11.13.2007

NaBloPoMo Filler Post


Since we're on the subject of diet, here are some foods my children love that I would not eat in a million years. Sliced cucumbers, raw tomato, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, raspberries, clementines and blueberries. I wish I could enjoy these foods, but I just don't like them!

I really need to find some healthy snacks for myself that I enjoy. I love edamame-but not everyday. I also force myself to eat a few bananas a week. (that sounds perverted!) Raw carrots are doable (perverted again!) -although I don't eat them very often. I really need to get out of the Slimfast, Kit Kat Bar, Diet Coke rut! After all-you are what your eat-and I'd rather be a nice fresh Jersey Tomato than a can of chemicals!

How about you fine folks? What's your poison? (Bad choice of words.)

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd druther not.

~Mark Twain


3 comments:

justme said...

i just wrote a post about this. right now i have eaten at least 4 to 5 butterfingers a day !!! i am looking for better snacks. i need to lose my tire around my waist !!

Anonymous said...

Wow we have the same tastes. I have discovered that I love watermelon. Try some after Tennis keep it in a Cooler bag and see how refreshing it is. Also chilled Grapes yes they are more calories than most fruits but better than Dunkin. Dip those raw carrots in Low Fat Ranch Dressing.

Leanne said...

Oreos.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.