11.11.2007

I'm exhausted...


Brad is away in Las Vegas for a Real Estate Conference and the schools in Jersey were closed Thursday and Friday. Needless to say, mommy's fried. We've had alot of fun the past few days, lots of friends over (each girl had a friend over today for FIVE, count 'em, FIVE hours!).

We saw "The Bee Movie" went to Barnes and Noble for hot chocolate and reading. We did hair wraps, had a dance party. (Let me tell you-when the music gets crankin' my daughters and I can rock the house!) We ordered pizza, popped popcorn and played Chutes and Ladders.

In between all the merry-making I ran around like a chicken cleaning up arts and craft supplies, loading and unloading the dishwasher, vacuuming up popcorn and dog hair...you know the drill!

Tonight 8 year old daughter and I worked on a big report she has due on Friday. Let me tell you, it brought back memories of working on school projects with my parents when I was overtired! Like pulling teeth. Oy. And this is just 3rd grade. I think middle school and high school will be the death of me.

Anyway-school's back in session tomorrow. I should go to bed now, I look and feel completely haggard, but I'm dying to check out the second episode of "Tell Me You Love Me" on HBO On Demand. I watched the first episode last week and I'm hooked! Great show! Too bad I can only watch it when my children are SOUND asleep. (My oldest daughter walked in on a pretty heavy duty sex scene when I attempted to watch the first episode before she went to bed. I was alerted to her presence when she walked up behind me and exclaimed, "Mom-I saw that guy's PENIS!" Oops-time to change the channel-FAST!)

I haven't even had a chance to watch Thursday's episode of "The Office" which I have recorded. I seriously don't think I have the energy to watch either one.

This NaBloPoMo thing is really screwing up my couch potato status. (Not to mention Cr8Buzz-THANKS CANDACE!) Good night peeps...

"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."

-Kurt Vonnegut


3 comments:

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

hmmm, i hardly saw any penises this weekend...

Momo Fali said...

I haven't watched The Office yet either. I tried to get my husband to stay up just a half hour longer last night, but I couldn't convince him. Dang!

Anonymous said...

Really enjoying reading your blog. BTW, save yourself one step - dogs make great popcorn vacuums. :-)

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.