11.16.2007

I've gotta pace myself!


Forget Jon Bon Jovi


Plato and Aristotle ROCK!












As you might have noticed, I joined cr8buzz recently. (I still have a few invites left if you're interested!)

Cr8buzz is a wonderful site full of clever and talented writers and photographers. Part of the site is your Buzz Ranking. When you sign on you start with a low ranking. As you create a "buzz" about your site, more and more people look at your profile and raise your ranking. The first few weeks were wonderful. I rose in the rankings quickly. But, like anything else in life-you can't just coast along if you want to make progress. Today my ranking fell a notch.

This is where I have to make a decision. Can I accept a drop in the rankings and go about my business? Or do I spend a few of my free moments doing some cr8buzz campaigning? (By this I mean dropping in to lots of other sights-leaving comments here and there and rating other people's blogs.) Time is a limited quantity for all of us-and there are so many things to do in a day! So many choices...

I'm going to the some of the great thinkers of all time on this one. According to my research, Plato and Aristotle were huge proponents of moderation and self-control. (Not two of my strong points!)

Here are some quotes: (Do you feel like you're back in high school english class?)
"The heart is great which shows moderation in the midst of prosperity." Seneca

"Out of moderation a pure happiness springs." Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Some bright spots for those of us who like to live on the wild (as in Oscar) side here and there:

"Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit." W. Somerset Maugham

"Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess." Oscar Wilde

SHUT UP OSCAR!!!
(I hate to tell you this-but Oscar and I think alike! He's a bad influence.)
I will take these words of wisdom and apply them to my blogging life. Even an endeavor as noble as cr8buzz must be done in moderation. My buzz ranking might suffer, but my kids will get dinner and the bills will get paid. (By my husband-now that I'm on THE BUDGET!)

And now-I must push myself away from the keyboard and get on with some other activity.

(Maybe I'll watch Oprah in moderation!)




0 comments:

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.