11.02.2007

The Grinch-A Caffeine Court Theatrical Review



Last night's trip into NYC to see "How the Grinch Stole Christmas-The Musical" was so much fun. The traffic getting in was an absolute nightmare, but the girls were really good, so we made the best of it.

The show itself was adorable. The actor who played the Grinch (Patrick Page) was dead-on and the sets and costumes looked like they were drawn by Dr. Seuss himself. The music was bland-but the girls didn't care. The show itself was only 70 minutes long, so it held their attention the entire time!

We went to the big Toys-R-Us at Times Square after the show and Meg and Brad rode the giant indoor ferris wheel.

Every time I go into the city I wonder why we don't do it more often. If we ever win the lottery I am buying an apartment on Central Park West.

I really do "heart" NY!!!

Most human beings are driven to seek security and comfort. But there is another group that can only thrive on change and the unexpected of New York.

-Cathleen Nesbit



3 comments:

Alexis Black said...

Sounds like so much fun! I am jealous. Perhaps we can do another Spring trip and make it into the city again. Forget the show, Sophie would be all about the indoor ferris wheel.

Candace said...

I'm taking the kids in on sunday to see the big apple circus. This year I'm doing more theatre for everyone. (maybe the circus doesn't count but it's a step in the right direction no?)

Kim said...

We saw this show a few years ago in San Diego when we stayed there before the Rose Bowl. It was really funny and "the Grinch" had been a villian on As the World Turns about 15 years ago (back when I had very small children and I was addicted to soaps).

The costumes were incredible in that production. I envy you--we get the sorry road show companies here in ATL!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.