1.07.2008

Wonders never cease...

I received a very surprising phone call from my mother today, my father was released from the hospital! Since they live in Florida, he is recuperating at my house.

I was completely shocked-but the hospital feels it lessens the chance of infections to get patients out ASAP. (I'm sure insurance has something to do with it as well!) Anyway, we will have our hands full for the next couple of weeks. He is still sore, but he is GIDDY to be alive and home.

We are still thanking God every day. He is a very, very lucky man.


9 comments:

a. said...

Yay for your Dad - I can sense your elation!

I have heard that too - better to be home in your own germs than to get others right? Hospitals make people sick!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Great news for you! thanks for commenting on her blog, she's both brilliant and hilarious, I'm anxious to see her start to post!

Anonymous said...

That's great! Hope all is well.

Avery Gray said...

I believe people recover better at home than at the hospital anyway. I was in the hospital for four days when I was delivering my son, and I was tearing my hair out! I can't imagine being there any longer than that!

Hope he recovers quickly!

Suburban prep said...

My mother had surgery at the end of October and she was out in two days. It was a pretty intense one for a woman of 74 yrs. They wanted her out for one and the possibility of MRSA was a frightening one. My fahter is having hernia surgery next Tuesday and I think they will only want him in one night. He is going to be 80 in April.

The 5 Bickies said...

Shocking...and great news. Hope he continues to do well!

Traci Anne said...

Oh yay!! That's great that he's doing well!!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Great, great news!

Kim said...

Since being in the hospital is like being in jail, it has to be a lot better to recover at home (even better if you have a relative with nursing skills!)

Here's to his speedy recovery!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.