1.16.2008

My new buddy Mehmet...



Okay-so Monday I took my Dad to Columbia Presbyterian for an appointment with his surgeon.




As we enter the waiting room I noticed a woman getting a book autographed by a doctor. She had a really elated look on her face-so I took notice. Then she gushed "Thank you so much Dr. Oz!!" I glanced over at the sign... Mehmet C. Oz, MD, FACS

It all came together for me...THE Dr. Oz. From Oprah! He shares an office with my dad's doc. Anyway-I became very intrigued by this Dr. Oz fellow. He spoke at a luncheon at my town and all the ladies were jumping up and down about him. Oprah loves him. My little (37 year old) sister digs him. This lady clearly LOVED him. So I did a little research. He's quite an interesting man-as is his wife Lisa.

This morning my mom went to Barnes & Noble and bought some of his books. (The rich get richer!!) I want to TiVo some of his shows on The Discovery Health also-just to see what all the excitement is about.

Are any of you into Dr. Oz?


P.S. My dad is doing GREAT-they left to return to Florida this morning. His doctor gave him a copy of his surgery report. It's unreal! The dudes at Columbia Presbyterian clearly know what they are doing.

Footnote: His daughter Daphne is an author too! She wrote a book called "The Dorm Room Diet." Whoa.


11 comments:

PaperCourt said...

I LOVE Dr. Oz!

WSU Laura said...

My friend and I joke if anything we eat or drink is "Dr. OZ Approved". I love him and his no-nonsense demeanor.

a. said...

Dr. Oz saved my aunts life! He performed heart surgery on her about 8 years ago :-) Of course my family thinks the world of him.

So glad to hear your dad is going well too!

Preppy Mama said...

OMG!! I love him.

Unknown said...

How cool that you were in the same office! He seems so straight forward and no nonsense. I always tivo Oprah when I know he is going to be on. I even got my husband to watch the episode that was all about men's health.

suchsimplepleasures said...

ok...i love your new avatar...

how coincidental! that's so super cool, don't you think? well, i do!!!
and...i'm so glad to hear your dad is doing well. heart problems are scary!
have a great night!

Avery Gray said...

I've never seen him, but if I met him in real life and someone told me he was famous, I'd probably flash him my boobs. I just can't seem to keep them under wraps where famous people are concerned.

MarĂ­a said...

Glad to hear about your father! And with a name like Dr.Oz, he has to be good.

Christine said...

I must be the only person who doesn't know who this guy is. Probably because I don't watch Oprah.

Christine said...

Oooooppps....hit send too soon.

I'm really glad to hear that you're father is doing so well!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Wish he could have saved my Papa...

: (

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.