1.24.2008

The Haunted Plot Thickens...


A few days ago I posted about some spooky experiences both my friend and I have had.

I spoke with my friend yesterday and she had ANOTHER story.

First of all, her 6 year old daughter was crying one day and she said "Mommy, I don't like this house, there are people who TOUCH me!" My friend was alarmed so she asked what her daughter meant by touching. Her daughter told her that there are people who POKE her in the shoulder. Later on my friend said to her daughter. "You're lucky, you can see angels." Her daughter replied that these people do NOT look like angels. CREEPY!

Last week her husband was chatting with an older gentleman who lives in the neighborhood next to theirs. Her husband was saying how much he loves his new town and house and how he got such a great deal on his home. The old man said, "no wonder you got a good deal, your house is haunted!" My friends hubby dropped the subject and told the man that he doesn't believe in that kind of stuff.

Anyway, he went home and told my friend and she is freaked out again. She kind of wants to ask the man what he knows about her house. I'm interested in hearing what he has to say, but maybe she's better off NOT knowing. What would you do? Would you want to speak to the man about the "haunted house" or would you rather not hear it? So bizarre!


15 comments:

a. said...

Oh I would HAVE to know and then I would move!

LunaNik said...

I would need to know. Everything. Immediately. And then, like a. said...MOVE!!

Especially if the ghosts are targeting my children. The Amnityville Horror was a true story u know.

Honeybell said...

I'm with a. and lunanik . . . find out every last detail and then scram!

Keeping It Real said...

I would want to move the hell out. That's creepy, and I'm a scaredy cat. I've always believed that children can see things that adults can't.

Thanks for visiting me, by the way.

Red said...

I'd want to know....and then I'd have to think about moving. : )

lattemommy said...

I'm going to join the club on this one - find out the details and then promptly move out. Stuff like that totally creeps me out.

suchsimplepleasures said...

ok...i'm so creeped out...again!!!
i'd move. quickly!
remind me, when i have time to leave a super long comment...about my experience with creepy houses...have lived in 2!!
xoxo

Candace said...

Ok, I had no credibility to begin with but here goes. I totally believe in that stuff!

simplynotso said...

okay, we have the same friend and her daughter actually said that she was not scared but just got tired of them poking her. This woman actually easily scares herself, but feels really good in this house. The little girl also has claimed to seen her deceased GGm and GGF who both loved her very much. The house is only about 20 years old but resembles a house from the 1800's. Our friend also has a friend who is very "spiritual" and absolutely gets good vibes from this house. Any comments??? I want to hear simple pleasures stories. P.S. unless blood comes out if the walls in front of this womans husband moving is not an option:)

so tired said...

I think I might want to hear the history of the house but not necessarily want to move unless the spirits became violent.

I was raised in a house that everyone felt had something going on. But whatever was there never really bothered anyone so you never were afraid.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

OMG, how in the world did I miss this post and that earlier one??!! I've been wanting to post on this subject for AGES and just never do. The question of "are there or are there not, ghosts?" fascinates me. I never know what to believe. Seriously, I could talk about this subject all day, and I have a former neighbor who told me a story one time about how she thinks her dead grandfather came to visit her son.

Love the new look - so retro-ish looking, ya know?! And to think I knew you way back when...when you first started out with a plain white background! :)

Anonymous said...

This is all ridiculous. It's very interesting how many say just move. # 1 the housing market is at a all time low. So moving can cause such stress on a family caused by needless hysteria.
You move if your neighborhood is crime infested or if the school district is bad or if the work commute is disrupting your family life. This crap about the house being haunted just feeds on it self.

Allison said...

Speaking as someone who lives in a house that we're pretty sure is haunted, and everyone else likes to remind us (the ones who believe in the park at least)---she's already opened Pandora's box, and if she doesn't have her own experience soon (is this the one who has---sorry, this is the only post I've read so far), then she will, and she'll want to know more.

But, yes, leaving's not a bad idea. I'd like to, for more reasons than the place being haunted.

P.S. A very sensitive friend of ours did have a very alarming experience when she was very emotionally vulnerable. If she feels good there, though, maybe staying is not a bad idea.

Anonymous said...

Ok. Too creepy. must. drink. mor.

Paula@SweetPea said...

I would want to know the stories. I have a hard time believing this kind of stuff, but I love to hear the stories.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.