1.12.2008

Scroll Down Saturday...



Continuing the new tradition of "Scroll Down Saturday"...Here is a post I did back in October about those "perfect moms" (on Valium) that we all love...

It's entitled..."A Vision in Madras"

As I was dropping Meg at school this morning I glanced over at the swing set. Standing, pushing her son on the swing was a woman who looked so serene I did a double take. She was wearing a strapless madras sun dress, her hair pulled back in a loose bun and she looked so pulled together and carefree I almost rear ended the SUV in front of me. For a moment I thought I was in Stepford. I proceeded to look around for a camera crew. Maybe this was a J.Crew catalog shoot. No go.



Then I glanced at myself in the rear view mirror. Ouch. Hair sticking out in all directions, sunglasses on despite the clouds to hide my puffy eyes. Wrinkled t-shirt and capris and my five year old Ugg slippers.

Do you ladies rise at the crack of dawn and make yourselves pretty before you take your kids to shool or the bus stop? If you do...YOU CAN'T BE MY FRIEND! :)

It's 9:56 am...time to take a shower! There's hope for me yet.


9 comments:

jillskict said...

No kids, but I work from home, some days I am lucky if I get dressed and shower before 4. . . I have a link for you by the way, tell her I sent you, just say Jill from MN, Vicki's friend, but she has some great stuff and I bought a slew of stuff for my team a couple of times.

www.tennistease.com

I secretly "heart" the panties! I will have to share my tennis tragedies that moving to MN has brought to my life. I SO miss my CT team. . . .

TCP said...

I own that dress, and I love it and wore it all summer...but if that was my destination? Nope. Never would have happened.

Kim said...

I wear pj pants and a hoodie when I drive my kids to school. No bra, pony tail, glasses, tall cup of coffee.

Can I be your friend?

Red Flashlight said...

In Curacao I stayed at the Floris. If you're looking for peace and quiet it's great. It caters to Europeans, however, and that may take some adjusting. It's not on the beach but it has a beautiful, relaxing pool shaded by palm trees and it's much less expensive than the big resorts across the road that do have very nice Caribbean beaches you can use - the Hilton and one other (can't remember the name). Staying out of town is great - the resorts all have regular van service to town and back. Have a wonderful time! :)

suchsimplepleasures said...

i wear jeans, fuzzy crocs and my hubbys shirts, half the time. i'm the most unglamorous person, during the day!! i like to think, though...that i clean up well...only if i'm going out, though!
hey...thanks for joining in on scrolling saturday!!

Kate said...

A dress? Polished hair and makeup? By that time of day?? Those days may come again but not until the babies are much MUCH older! And I probably wouldn't be sporting that look to take them to school. I'm just happy if my pony tail is somewhat smooth and my breath isn't lethal!

The 5 Bickies said...

I too am generally unshowered, in workout clothes (wishful thinking), glasses, and hair either sticking out in all directions or hidden under a baseball cap. That woman in her strapless dress had probably worked out at 5am....right?

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

That is funny. I always drop my son off without make up, hair in ponytail & workout clothes. It is a waste of make-up & water to get ready to exercise.

Suburban prep said...

Like Jilly I have no children and there are times that I am lucky if I have changed and bruhed my hair by 10-11 am. I am doing work. Then there are the days when I have to get out of the house early and somehow I do it.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.