1.02.2008

What a day...

I didn't want to write about this because it was too stressful to put "out there." But my Dad had major heart surgery today at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in NY. He was in surgery for eleven hours! Luckily they operated today, because the doctor said he is very lucky to be alive and his aorta was not going to last more than a day or so. Maybe I'll share the gory details another time.

Anyway, say a prayer. So far so good, but the first couple of nights are critical and he isn't out of the woods yet.

Days like today are such a great example of how we sweat silly small stuff all the time, when the most important thing is the people we love. I know I'll go back to all my trivial obsessions, but for now, it's all about my Dad! (The man who introduced me to tennis and caffeine! God love him!)


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your dad will recover soon & everything will be well.

Unknown said...

I'll be thinking about you all....

a. said...

Hope he is on the mend!

justme said...

your dad and your family are in my prayers !!!

The 5 Bickies said...

Wow...you have a lot on your plate. Take care and I'll be drinking coffee and playing tennis for you and your Dad! Oh, and praying too!

Momo Fali said...

Prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery for your Dad.

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Hope he's back on the court soon! Thinking of yoU!

Honeybell said...

Thoughts and healing prayers to you & your dad!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

My prayers are with you and your dad.

Anonymous said...

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers for your dad.

TCP said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your dad

Traci Anne said...

Lots of prayers for you, your dad and your fam!!

Christine said...

I'll be thinking of him. I hope he is doing better today.

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers to your Dad and your entire family!

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.