1.29.2008

Aunt Ellen goes to jail (almost!)...


My aunt live 5 minutes away from my sister. (The one that has four children ranging in ages from 17 down to 5.) Anyway, she needed a photo taken for an I.D. card. She went to my sister's house and my sister took her picture with her digital camera. She then gave my aunt her CF Card. My aunt proceeded to go to CVS to get the photo printed. Since my aunt is not technologically savvy she asked an employee to assist her with printing the photo.

He inserted the CF Card into his computer and called up the images. (THIS IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING...)

Up pops about 25 pictures of my 5 year old nephew's bare butt, private parts and face! (There were some pictures of the dog's butt thrown in to add some variety to the mix!) Before you call the cops, it was pretty obvious that he had taken these photos of himself! My aunt was flabbergasted and I think the CVS employee could tell by the look on her face that she was as shocked as he was.

Needless to say my sister had a little talk with my nephew. Apparently he was "festering", as we call it, while mom was busy with his siblings and decided to have a private little photo session. Thankfully Aunt Ellen was not brought up on charges and the offending photos have been deleted from the family camera.

Whew. That could have gotten ugly.

Just another day in the life of my sister who if she had enough time should start her own blog!

*festering (verb)-when a child (usually the youngest) is left to his or her own devices while mom and dad are otherwise occupied. Festering activities may include cutting ones own hair, spilling nail polish on the couch or photographing ones private parts with the family camera.


15 comments:

LunaNik said...

OMG!! Thank goodness everything turned out ok. That situation had the makings of DISASTER written all over it.

When I was in high school a bunch of girls who were on some sort of school related overnight trip got a bit frisky and took silly pics of each other in their bras and pajama bottoms. When the film was developed every girl got her pics and the negatives. Everything was fine until one girl had a party, a drunken boy found the pics and posted them on the internet. Well, somehow the cops found out and they were trying VERY HARD to get the girls to file charges against the girl who owned the camera used to snap the pics. CRAZY. Especially because it was totally for fun and totally ok with everyone involved.

Ok...so I left ya a really looooong comment =)

Avery Gray said...

Oh. My. Gah!

My son did the SAME THING! It's a good thing I don't take my CF cards in to be printed. I was shocked when I saw it on my computer.

It is pretty funny though. Glad everything worked out okay!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I can so see that happening. So glad, though, it wasn't me!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

OMG! Too funny. I am glad we can print our own pics. now. I used to hate in high school to drop my film off b/c I never knew who was going to look at it/make copies!!

Kate said...

Scary but funny! It's kind of sad that we have to worry about taking cute baby bath pictures anymore because of all the crazy pervs out there:(

Suburban prep said...

OMG The thoughts of things that could have happened.

LunaNik said...

Just gave you an award...go check it out when you have a moment.

Amy said...

WOW, that's crazy!! Glad it worked out okay. And I love that term, festering, I'm so using that in my house!

Melissa said...

OMG that could have been AWFUL!

It's kind of funny though, since everything worked out, but I would have been mortified!

david mcmahon said...

I'm trying so hard not to laugh, but I'm about to explode with mirth!

A Man Among Mommies said...

Kids will be kids and boys like to take pictures of themselves...(I have 3)

Doing a little Blog Hopping when I have a little time and not dozing off due to 2 active boys, a new baby and no sleep...

Rachel said...

Well hot damn!!! Wowza!
LOVE the new look! Court rocks! I think mine was one of her first and I am more and more impressed with each blog she does. Yours looks fabulous!! I'm glad I 'found' you again. I had lost you, but now you've been 'feederized' :-)
Great stuff woman.
Glad Aunt Ellen didn't go to jail and thanks for the giggles!

Candace said...

I'm going to call you Dictionary.MOM

Jen said...

Wow... SO glad Aunt Ellen was okay. LOL on your nephew. Bloghopping my Friday night away...

Anonymous said...

Oh that so sounds like something one of my kids would do! I bet your Aunt wanted to crawl in a hole and die from embarrassment.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.