1.28.2008

Go ahead...MOCK my day!


There's a new trend in entertainment and it's called "the web show." One of the funniest is The Jeannie Tate Show, a new online series from writer-director Maggie Carey and writer-star Liz Cackowski. There's a great article all about it in New York Magazine.

Jeannie Tate is a minivan driving New Jersey soccer mom (hmmm, sounds familiar!) who interviews celebrities while she runs errands and drives her kids around. She usually picks her guests up at places like the dry cleaners or the train station and then has them sit in the backseat with her young children and surly teenage stepdaughter while she chats with them on camera. When her musical guests perform she takes that time to run into Pizza Hut for takeout dinner.

It's pretty much my life with a camera and celebrities thrown in the mix. She actually kind of looks like me! (And 75% of the women who live in my town.) Should I be offended? :)

The show's website is: The Jeannie Tate Show or you can go on YouTube and search Jeannie Tate .



10 comments:

LunaNik said...

I have never heard of this!! Do I live under a rock or something???

I'm gonna check it out...

Melissa said...

That sounds funny! I will have to check it out when I'm not at work (You Tube is banned so the kiddos don't watch it instead of doing their work!)

cce said...

You are truly a television maven... I've seen this one and find it hilarious. Spot on for the times.

Belle said...

I clicked on over and watched it. Hysterical!

The Wife said...

These were hysterical! Thanks so much for the link.

Traci Anne said...

OMG. I have to check this out tonight!!

justme said...

this looks hysterical

Avery Gray said...

Oh, I have to check that out! What a great idea!

Candace said...

sounds hilarious. wish I had thought of it! But I've yet to even figure out how to hook up my camera to the computer.

Anonymous said...

I saw one episode on YouTube. I didn't know there were more! I've got to check it out.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.