9.14.2007

Panic and Procrastination

Brad (my husband) has been away on a business trip for 3 days. It's been a whirlwind of ordering pizzas and not vacuuming. It is now Friday at noon-his arrival home is imminent. The thing is...he's unpredictable. He could walk in any second-or arrive at 8 tonight. I've tried calling-but if I know him-his cell phone is out of power and he forgot his charger. If he gets home at 8-it's cool. If he walks in now-I'm in BIG trouble. This house looks like I just threw a frat party.

I'm a bit overwhelmed. (Which explains the blogging). I do have some errands to run. Should I leave the house and take a chance that he'll walk into this carnage?

What is a slacker mom to do???

News flash: Brad called at 12:30 on my cell phone-he told me he would be working for at least a couple more hours and would arrive home around 6. He then proceeded to "surprise" us by arriving at 3! I think he was more surprised then me! I had to charm him with my feminine whiles in order to distract him from the disarray. Mission accomplished. ( A little too much information huh?)


3 comments:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I can't tell you how many friend's husbands have been out of town this week - mine included.

And I do let the house "go" a lot more when he's gone. I read in bed and watch TV till fairly late, which I don't do when he's here because he goes to bed pretty early. Just yesterday he reminded me of how many books & other junk he had to clear off the bed just to get under the covers! Oops!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Sounds like Brad was the one who got a surprise. ;-)

Ned said...

Nothing works better than the "distraction"

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.