9.18.2007

Just call me Hoppy...


You are probably familiar with Aesops Fable-"The Ant and the Grasshopper." Well-the past week-I have been living a bit of a grasshopper life. Playing with the kids-piling up laundry and not putting it away, hitting Boston Market. As the fable teaches us too much frolicking can have dire results. Today is the day that I face the consequences of my actions. I have three hours with no kids-and I am going to make like an ant and WORK! This house is going to sparkle by 3 pm. I am making a public declaration-so here I go!!!!



In the meantime-here's a little snippet from Wikipedia (one of my favorite websites):


The Ant and the Grasshopper:

The fable concerns a grasshopper or cricket who has spent the warm months singing away while the ant (or ants in some editions) worked to store up food for winter. After the winter has come, the grasshopper finds itself dying of hunger, and upon asking the ant for food is only rebuked for its idleness. The story is used to teach the virtues of hard work and saving, and the perils of improvidence. Some versions of the fable state a moral at the end, along the lines of:

Idleness brings want
To work today is to eat tomorrow
It is best to prepare for the days of necessity

Okay-grasshopper (correction ant) update. I have been diligently working for one hour forty eight minutes with one "break" ( I booked a Southern Living at HOME party for October). By the way, if any of you gals live in the Jersey or Maryland area and would like to get tons of free SLAH products-book a party with me.

Anyway-back to the subject...I was vacuuming the family room when it dawned on me why I felt compelled to scrub the house from top to bottom. It's what I watched on TV last night. WIFE SWAP. I will write about it later-and you will all come together for you.


2 comments:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Ha! Sitting here reading your blog post made ME feel guilty for sitting on my rumpus and doing nothing but....reading blogs.

Time to get busy!

TCP said...

Good for you!! I'm long overdue to have a day like that!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.