9.23.2007

A Caffeine Court Moment...


My daughter and I went to 7-Eleven yesterday. I wanted a Big Gulp and she wanted a Slurpee. 15 minutes before we arrived a Jeep crashed into the front of the store, sending the guy behind the counter flying! Miraculously, no one was injured.

We were disappointed that we didn't get to satisfy our cravings, but not as disappointed as we would have been had we been at checkout when the vehicle careened through the plate glass.

My daughter noticed the look on my face as I thought about how lucky we were that we arrived after the accident. She tried to reassure me, "Thank goodness there are lots more 7-Elevens Mom." That's one way to look at it!

Thankfully, they keep the precious Slurpee dispenser and soda fountain in the back of the store, where they are safe from errant jeeps!


4 comments:

Suburban prep said...

Kids say the darndest things.

Elizabeth said...

Lord, that poor dude. Thank goodness he is ok.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

That is scary!!

You know, I haven't really had Big Gulps since college! I guess because there is no 7-11 drive thru, and I usually hit the drive thrus for my fixes. I think I'll have to give them a try again. Big Gulps bring back such great memories. :-)

Preppy Napkin said...

I am so addicted to Diet Coke-McDonald's is usually my first choice, b/c I can drive thru. 7-11 is in my neighborhood, so that works also.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.