9.04.2007

It's all about me?



Today I went school shopping with 8 year old daughter. (Along with one of her best friends and her 5 year old brother) I struggled to keep her attention while picking out outfits and shoes she will actually wear. Finally she she snapped-"Mom-why does it always have to be about YOU?!" I was baffled-here I was sweating-flustered-trying to balance piles of clothes and shoes! "What are you talking about? I'm buying this all for YOU!!!" "Yeah-but YOU'RE the one who wants me to have new school clothes!!!" Hmmm. Food for thought and a great argument for school uniforms. I should have just headed straight for Banana Republic and acted like the selfish mommy I seem to be. Or-maybe I should just send her to school wearing "floods" and torn flip-flops. Maybe I can make a dress from Webkinz or call Super Nanny, or Nanny McPhee or Dr. Phil...BAD MOMMY!

I think I'll go take a bottle of Midol.Justify Full


2 comments:

Alexis Black said...

Wow! I'd love to know what your sister said that prompted the blockage! Anyway, I love your blog. And, on the shopping front, I can relate. I took all three to the mall (not an activity Drew enjoys) clothes shopping. We had a huge fight about characters on the shoes - I won and we left without any princesses or Spidermen...only to run into my neighbor seconds later arms full of princess shoes. Speaking of BAD MOMMIES!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Just wait. It gets worse. I have an 11 year old girl. Trust me. : )

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.