9.21.2007

Ouch


I made a very big scheduling mistake yesterday. I agreed to play four hours of tennis. Noon until two. (An hour with a pro an hour of ladies' doubles.) Then 8-10 PM mixed doubles. (With men who SMASH the ball!)

Today my 42 year old muscles and joints are soooo sore.

This is a day when I need to suck it up and push myself. I can't let my leisure activities interfere with my motherly responsibilities.

I have to admit that in a perfect world I would get a massage, sit in a hot tub and nap all afternoon. In my world, I'll take an Advil, watch Spongebob with my 4-year old. (my rest time) Then go to the supermarket (the cupboard is bare), put away laundry and try to straighten the absolute disaster this house has become post-cleaning frenzy. (See my post from Tuesday.)
Wish me luck!

Update: Wow-what a difference a couple of hours makes. I took my Advil and plopped myself on the couch with Catherine to watch Spongebob (which is a really funny show by the way.) She was thrilled that I joined her, since I don't usually sit and watch TV in the morning. (Instead I sit on the computer.)

She could tell I was hurting-so she kept applying Chapstick to my lips (I have no idea why-but I didn't care) and rubbing my head. 45 minutes later I stood up and a miraculous change had occurred. I'm still a bit sore-but completely revived. YAY! I was getting a little worried. I'm getting older, but 4 hours of tennis shouldn't make me feel like I fell down a flight of stairs. Now it's time to take on the day!


3 comments:

Suburban prep said...

What kids won't do to make sure their parents are ok.

Elizabeth said...

Four HOURS of tennis? Sorry, I can't get past that part.

How cute that she kept putting chapstick on you. Love that.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Yeah, you need a good day at the spa. I wish I loved playing a sport as much as you - and would play it for 4 hours.

I get winded putting the baby girl in her crib. lol.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.