9.19.2007

My tennis friends..

This is not my team-I just thought it was a bit odd and decided to share it with you. I have no idea who these women are. (If you recognize yourself in this photo-please come forward...identify yourself and explain what the deal is with the green bras!)




Tonight is my summer tennis team end of season party. I'm really looking forward to it. My friend Joan is hosting it at her home. Her house is really amazing. It's a big old cedar shake style overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.

It will be fun to actually sit down and hang out with these ladies. We have so much fun playing tennis together. Someday I'll get into detail-but I get such a kick out of all these girls. We range in age from 30 up to 65. The one thing we all share is our competitive spirit and love for the game. It's really fun being part of a team. It reminds me of being back in high school.

There are so many funny moments-because some of the teams we play are PSYCHOTIC about tennis. Over the top. They will lie, cheat and steal to win. I think it's almost embarrassing how into it they are. If they win they jump around like they won the Miss America Pageant.

Since I was captain of the summer team-I only asked women who were mentally stable to play-so we didn't have any major confrontations on the court.

When I have time I'll write more about some of the personalities I play with. I swear it would make a great sitcom. Let's see ... what would I call it? "Bad Calls" "Women with Balls" "Court Divas" The possibilities are endless.


1 comments:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Lovely ladies! Now come on, which one is really you. ;-)

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.