9.25.2008

What's Wrong with this Picture?

The New York Magazine Article regarding the Lehman Brothers situation has hit the newsstand. I carefully read the article and there was absolutely no mention of yours truly.
Can you believe it??

I was still clinging to the hope that this could be my big break. This is how I pictured it reading...

"We contacted Jill Y. a blogger and stay at home mom from New Jersey who is close friends with an executive affected by the recent developments at Lehman Brothers. Mrs. Y. refused to dish any dirt on her friend's unfortunate situation and we have great respect for that.

Her blog "Caffeine Court" is an wonderful collection of amusing anecdotes from a suburban housewife with a knack for finding humor in everyday situations. Her tennis stories, in particular, are full of drama and excitement.
The editors here at New York Magazine are so impressed with her writing skills that we have decided to offer her a position as a features writer in our "Lifestyles" section.
Kudos to you Mrs. Y, and welcome aboard."

No such luck.

If you're interested in checking out the REAL article...here it is, "The Rage of the Previously Rich."

And guess what New York Magazine, I wouldn't take a job at your magazine even if you DID ask me!!!
I'm in training to be the Dara Torres of the tennis world....2012 Olympics here I come!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, where the hell do they get off without mentioning your blog?? Aholes.

lol. ;-)

Petunia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well, fine we did not want you anyway!!!

Caffeine Court said...

I was wondering if I would get a comment like that.

Thanks anonymous, see you in 2012.

Jaina said...

I like your version of the article better.

Petunia said...

I just wanted to delete my comment after you saw it, b/c I don't like to leave messages like that up forever for all of cyberspace to read! ;-)

Anonymous comments always crack me up!

The 5 Bickies said...

I thought this was great post...I loved reading the article in the paper. Every day I am thankful that we aren't facing that, yet.

Kate said...

It didn't go over like a lead balloon here - just had it saved in bloglines to comment later. I for one am APPALLED that they did not contact you for comment;)

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.