9.05.2008

Be Careful What You Wish For!!!


I was a Target today, ALONE for the first time in over 2 months. (Yippee)
I was in the ladies room and I noticed a boy who appeared to be about 5 standing with his little sister and playing with the tampon machine.


He kept turning the knob, and pushing his sister away. "Don't touch me, I'm almost winning!" he yelled.

He looked fiercely determined to win a prize.


His mother came out of the stall and he called her over. "Mom, I need a quarter. It says it costs a quarter!" The mom looked freaked out and embarrassed and refused to give him the money.


He tried again..."Mom, c'mon...I need a quarter! I SAW SOMETHING UP THERE!!! I need a quarter to play!"


She practically dragged him out of the bathroom.


Can you imagine how disappointed he would have been if she gave him the quarter? What could she do? Let him buy the tampon and tell him it's a bottle rocket?


Raising kids requires some really tough choices.





15 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that was hysterical! Personally I would have been that nice lady in the bathroom and given him a quarter;) LOL

Katie Ryan said...

Hilarious, hilarious, hilarious! Sounds so much like a little boy. I can just see my boy doing that when he was little!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I wrote a post about my 5 year old son and tampons last month. It's called The Great Tampon Inquisition of 2008. I empathize with the mom in your post, my son would NOT shut up about it.

Stephanie Carper said...

I went to Target alone today too! It was fabulous!

MommyTime said...

Bwahahahah! Target alone is like a dream come true. And how sad is that?

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

SO funny!

The wife said...

This is hilarious! It reminds me of Lovebug's "I don't have a quarter for the napkins" incident that happened at the movies a couple of weeks ago!!!

Anonymous said...

Tampons Remember Brutus ????

Anonymous said...

heh heh, now I am worrying about having to explain tampons MACHINES, too. lol. And he can read, so I am jsut waiting on him to sound out T-AM-P-ON. What kind of snack is a tampon, mom? Can I have a quarter?

volleychic said...

Ha! When my oldest son was little, he fished a tampon out of my purse, and yelled at the top of his lungs, Hey Mom???? What is this??? It had been in the purse a long time, and had come out of the wrapper (embarassment factor is now upped). I said without missing a beat, Oh that? It's a paint brush.

For years, my son would try to raid the tampon box when he was doing art. YUCK! Served me right!

poosemommy said...

That's great! Almost as good as taking my then 8 year old girl on a trip across 4 states. You know we had to use at least 2 men's rooms 'cuz the ladies' were out of order. Try explaing the condom machine to an eight year old. Then trry to explain "ribbed for her pleasure or french tickler"
Blog Hopping
Kudzu Queen

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I'd have been so tempted to give him a quarter. I'm evil.

Mary Beth said...

Too funny!

carrie said...

That is a total riot!

Candace said...

I've been know to throw a tampon ( a freshie) at my two year old and it keeps him quiet for at least 10-15 seconds.....

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.