9.12.2008

One thing Republicans and Democrats can agree on...

There's less than 2 months until the Presidential Elections and the whole country is buzzing!

As I've mentioned, this is not a political blog, but I just HAD to talk about this. I've already covered the color of Sarah Palin's lipstick at the RNC. I still don't know what brand and shade she had on, but when I find out, I'M GETTING IT!

The next political fashion I'm going to talk about is a little more pricey than a $20 tube of lipstick.

Today I'm going to talk about a watch. And not just any run of the mill watch.

I'm talking about the Chanel J12 White Ceramic Watch.





In case you don't know what I'm talking about here it is on Cindy McCain at the RNC:














Here's a little closer look at the watch as worn by Hillary Clinton:









The other day at cheerleading practice one of the moms was wearing a watch that looked ALOT like the Chanel J12. I had never met her before, but I simply HAD to take a close up view at her sweet little time piece. I hoped it was a knockoff so I could find out where she got it and score one for myself.


I approached the woman and introduced myself. As soon as I made a little small talk I pounced..."I love your watch, it's beautiful."

"Oh, thanks," she replied "my husband got it for me for my birthday."


She held her wrist out so I could take a gander and I knew with one glance, that this watch was no knockoff. It was the real, gorgeous, amazing, $4,500 McCoy!


I guess some people haven't been affected by our nation's economic slump!!!!

Anyway, if any of you budget fashionistas happen to know where I can find a nice looking replica of this fabulous work of art, let me know.

Or, if you happen to have an extra $4,500 burning a hole in your pocket and you want to make a nice lady from Jersey VERY happy, you know where to reach me.



Have a great weekend.


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW that is a sweet watch!

Anonymous said...

sweet indeed...ebay? google it? "replica"? i dunno just saying. I'm partial to my Cartier. :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty, but pricey. I could not wear a watch that cost so much. That's how much my car is worth...lol!

MarĂ­a said...

OOo that is pretty!

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

That's gonna be gas money for the next two months! Good luch on find the replica

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

I noticed her watch but didn't know anything about it. I like how the white stands out.

??? said...

I have coveted that watch since I seen Kathy Griffin wear it this season on her show!! I found one on ebay for the bargain price of $3,319.00!!

I would so love to get that watch...but it would kill me if it went out of style next year! LOL

Jaina said...

Note to self: get around to watching Sarah Palin's speech BEFORE the election.

That's a cool watch. I have a pretty neat Fossil watch that my Aunt and Uncle bought me for my college graduation. It's kind of funky and unusual, but classy at the same time. I absolutely love it. :) Good luck finding a wallet-friendly replica.

Anonymous said...

Check out toywatch.com they look very similar and were on Oprah's Christmas list a couple of years back. They run around 175.00 Hope that helps!

justme said...

hey, not sure of the blog you mentioned but do you recall what the post was about ? you can google some words and feener and see if it comes up

Anonymous said...

I got a watch that is very similar to this one for $30 at Aldo. Of course it could not be mistaken for a Chanel but it's very similar in style.

Linda S said...

Yeah, but then you have to have the earrings and rings to go along with it...I'm going to need more than a little tax cut for this one...

Anonymous said...

I bought the knock off from a boutique last Spring. The brand is called Bora. Love it, and I get a ton of compliments here in Jersey!

Petunia said...

Toywatch makes white ceramic watches that are very cute and popular (good luck finding the white one!). In addition to Toywatch, Bloomingdales carries another generic brand white ceramic watch that is similar-looking.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I love my new(ish) watch I bought earlier this year. I posted about this (you may have read it) ...I've always wanted that classic tank Cartier watch and the closet thing I found was my Raymond Weil. I'm still in love with it and it was only about $395. I'll keep it forever.

Emily said...

I love my J-12-inspired Roots watch. Roots watched are always great quality, and have a fantastic 20-year warranty! Can't beat that for under $100 bucks!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.