9.02.2008

Tennis Tuesday (I WISH!)

No tennis for me today. I couldn't even watch the US Open. WHY?

Because tomorrow is the first day of school!!!

We were busy, busy, BUSY!!! School shopping, packing up school supplies, painting nails, laying out clothes, charging the camera and getting everyone to bed early.

Whew.

Tomorrow, from 9 am until 1 pm (half day)....for the first time in MONTHS, I will have some "alone time." I'll miss my girls, but it's time.


When summer started we were all so excited, and we've had a great time, but now, we're ready for the next season. The girls need the stimulation and structure they get at school. I need to be able to run to the bank, the dry cleaners, and the supermarket without hearing the constant ongoing chorus from the back seat of the minivan, "Turn on Miley Cyrus!" "She hit me!" "I'm thirsty!!" "I'm BORED!!!"

The really exciting part? I get to start playing tennis again!!! Yipee!!

Stimulation and structure for the kids, tennis and alone time for mom...

It's a win-win situation!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're gonna cry just wait and see :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your free time! Sounds wonderful!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

It's so nice to get back into the routine!

Katie Ryan said...

My poor husband will be so glad when I start going to the dry cleaners regularly again. It's those kinds of errands that just can't get done in the summer time.
My kids have been in school for one week now. Everything is all of a sudden so quiet around here! It's a little disturbing at first, but I'm getting used to it.

Anonymous said...

wait...paint nails? they can paint their nails? wow!

enjoy your free time! I have tennis today and my official season starts next Tuesday- can you say WOOFREAKING HOO!!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.