9.18.2008

I won the lottery!!


I got picked in the "lottery" to be class mom for Catherine's kindergarten class.

If you've ever been a class mom I'm sure you know that whoever your co-class mom is can make or break the entire experience.

It's like a marriage, or business partnership. The right chemistry is crucial.

I am a lucky lady, because my co-pilot is AWESOME.

I can tell that we are going to have a very good year. She's laid back, normal and cooperative.

When Meg was in First Grade I shared my class mom duties with a "super mom. " She was a pre-school teacher who would bake and decorate homemade cookies for the class just for the fun of it. She would send in goody bags for every holiday (including Groundhog Day and President's Day) she chaired about fifty different different committees and had four children all about a year apart in age. She was also extremely upbeat and always peppy.

In a way it was great. I could pretty much sit back and let her handle everything, The only problem was, if I had a suggestion, she would get a funny look on her face. It was her way or the highway. Since I don't have a huge ego about things like my class mom image. (My tennis ego is a different story.) I just followed orders and things went very smoothly.

I glanced around the room today at and looked at some of the people that could have been my partner. Some of them were complete nightmares.


Then I looked at my partner (do I sound gay?) and felt such relief.


I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. (Unless of course, she just LOOKS normal and secretly she's a control freak, psycho mom who likes to do foam crafts and have birthday parties in her backyard for 100 kids who all get homemade t-shirts that she spent all night making.)

But I'm not even going to go there...


11 comments:

Jaina said...

Congrats! That's exciting. I'm glad you got a good co-mom. I hope it goes well. :)

Mary Beth said...

Congrats on being a class mom. I know from experience that y'all are priceless!

Hope the partnership continues to go well!

Anonymous said...

lol, there's one of those mom's in kyle's k class. she's always in the middle of EVERYTHING and even tries to make sure her boy is friends with certain kids and purposely leaves others out. i am totally serious. it's weird. and my son is on her "wanted" list now. EEEKKK!!!!

Unknown said...

So what are you saying....that I am a complete freak and you wouldn't want to be a co-room mom with me? :)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I am classroom mom for the Princess's class, and I'm flying solo. And I am SO ok with that, because me paired with some UberMommy would not have been pleasant.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This is my last year as homeroom Mom, I'm kinda sad...kinda happy, I'll get back to you on that;) LOL

And it's always great when you have a good partner;) LOL

The 5 Bickies said...

I only hope to be so lucky!
I should find out next week.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky. I know that other mom. Wouldn't want to be stuck with her.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I hope you have a good year :)

Rickrack and Pompoms said...

The classroom mom you were with the first time must have been on a little something. Sounds a kinda super human. Hope you have fun this year. It is fun when you are with someone who is easy to work with.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I got to work with Lor's first grade class of 20 by myself. Being the control freak that I am, it worked out well.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.