9.21.2008

Mom needs her Mommy!!

I want to thank you for all your very insightful comments on my "divorce on grounds of boredom" post.


I felt like I was on "The View" only I didn't have to deal with all those annoying egomaniacs.


But seriously, you all had such wise words. We should write a book on marriage and commitment.


Okay, enough of that deep stuff, let's talk about me...



I was so sick on Saturday. High fever, burning sore throat, swollen glands and a horrible headache. I could barely lift my head off the pillow. It was BAD! I kept falling asleep and then waking up PARCHED. I had to use my cell phone to call my husband downstairs so he would bring me a glass of OJ. Sometimes he would actually answer my call.



It was so bad that I had to rely on him to watch the girls all day, until three o'clock when he had to take a tennis lesson and hit golf balls. There's only so much daddy time this dude can handle!


Granted, he is a hard worker, he loves to do yard work, fix things, he leaves for work at 6:30 every morning, but watching the girls is not his strong suit. We compliment each other very well, except when I'm out of commission.


I am a complete control freak when it comes to my 5 year old's safety, but I was absolutely incapable of checking on her. I had no choice but to put my faith in my 9 year old and my husband. Trust me, that means I was in REALLY bad shape.



Fast forward 24 hours, I still have a sore throat, but I feel 100% better! What a relief to get up,

shower and get out of my nasty, germ covered pjs! I think I'm going to burn them.



In the old days, being sick meant dozing on the couch while mom would feel my forehead and bring me ginger ale and soup. Those days are long over.

From now on I'm doubling up on echinacea, hand sanitizer and Vitamin C.


Being sick is far too stressful!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Lord woman, sounds to me like you had strep! YIKES! Hope you are back to 100% soon!

The wife said...

Hate that you spent your Saturday so sick! Glad you are starting to feel better though!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're on the mend!

Katie Ryan said...

Gosh, I hope you feel better real soon.

beach mama said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Yes, I am still waiting for baby...3 days late now. ugh.

Unknown said...

Are you sure you don't have strep?? I hope you feel totally better soon!

Jaina said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. I think it must be the weather changing, I'm not feeling too great myself. But I'm just scared I'm going to be a freak case where I get the symptoms of mono a second time. Ugh. Once was enough.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.