3.03.2008

Who Says Women Aren't Funny?


I'm becoming a bit of a Perez Hilton and I promise some more original posts soon!

Here is one little piece of information I felt I must share. The April 2008 issue of Vanity Fair features Hollwood's Queens of Comedy.

Annie Leibovitz photographed some of Hollywood's top comediennes including, Sandra Bernhard, Tina Fey, Jenna Fischer, Chelsea Handler, Any Poehler, and Sarah Silverman posing as some of today's hard partying starlets.



The article in the magazine addresses the notion that women aren't funny. Women not funny? Whoever said that obviously hasn't read my blog! :)

Anyway, here are some of the photos. Check out the above link. There's a behind the scenes video from the photo shoot that's priceless!






Wanda Sykes as Naomi Campbell

Jenna Fischer as Lindsey Lohan

Sarah Silverman as Amy Winehouse

Chelsea Handler as Pamela Anderson

I'm not sure who Sandra Bernhard is...Angelina Jolie?


6 comments:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

The Sarah Silverman-Amy Winehouse thing is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Those are TOO funny. I would have LOVED to been a fly on the wall for that.

MarĂ­a said...

I HATE Chelsea Handler. Who keeps telling that bitch she's funny??

sarah looked just like Amy though!

Donna said...

When I worked at the Tonight Show (as a script typist), the (male) comedy writers were constantly riffing on the "fact" that "women aren't funny." There's a real bias against us, and Vanity Fair itself ran a Christopher Hitchens piece last year making the same assertion -- so I am very pleased to hear about this issue.

Anonymous said...

FYI she photographed Queen Elizabeth as well the Queen told Ann to hurry because she had a "tight schedule" Nothing to do with "funny women" but a little trivia

Candace said...

can't wait to get this issue!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.