3.04.2008

Another milestone in my young (I mean OLD) life...



Today I received my AARP membership application in the mail. I must say I was a little taken aback. After all, I don't turn 50 until 2015!

Maybe I should fill out the form anyway, hell I could sure use some discounts on travel, hotels and car rentals! Other membership benefits include safe driving courses, (God knows I need someone to tell me not to talk on the phone, pass my kids chicken nuggets and change the radio station simultaneously while operating a minivan) as well as assigning me a spokesperson for my rights. After all, I've been noticing the lifeguards at my beach club have been practicing age discrimination and hardly ever whistle when I saunter by in my Lands' End tankini!

If that isn't enough reason to join, The AARP Magazine looks like great reading! (I hear there are some fantastic articles on colonoscopies, liver spots and E.D.) :)

Plus I'm sure I'll get all kinds of compliments on how FABULOUS I look at 50.

Do you think AARP members get discounts on Botox?


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! You crack me up...funny how they send the application out so early. I wonder if it was accidental or they really want you to start thinking about it now?

Anonymous said...

LOL! Go for it!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Bastards. No whistling? Come on now. They must be dumbstruck by your hotness. Or they are distracted by the ginormous white whale walking near you...that'd be me. Dear God... off to eat some more chocolate.

hee hee

MommyTime said...

I got one of those too!! And I also look incredibly faaaabulous for being 50-something! We should form a club.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I just want my extra free pancakes at the IHOP. :-)

MarĂ­a said...

*lol*

I'd fill it out!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Nice. I wonder if your application was sent out by the same people that keep sending credit card applications to my newborn?!?!

LunaNik said...

If they give discounts on botox then I'm in!! I'll use my mother's information if I have to!

suchsimplepleasures said...

i get those in the mail...all.the.time!! i haven't even turned 40 yet!! i still have 11 years until 50!! oh no...only 11 years? i guess, seeing as time flies so fast...it's never too early to start thinking about aarp!! oy! vey!

Candace said...

you're a car waitress too!!

Traci Anne said...

My dad was SO excited about joining AARP... he's definitely taken advantage of all the discounts!!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.