3.23.2008

No particular subject...just wanted to chat!

My sister, her children and their new puppy have returned home...so it's just us again.

It was so much fun having them here. Our kids play so well together and my sister and I are very "in synch" with each other, we have the same sense of humor and we get each other, which really makes me wish they lived closer. They live four hours away, which means we only get to see each other every couple of months. We do talk on the phone every day...at least once or twice, but it's not the same as hanging out!

Brad and I FINALLY saw "The Other Boleyn Girl." WHOA. Now there's drama! Of course I was up late on the computer reading all abut King Henry VIII and his exploits. Henry is so hot right now with the popularity of "The Tudors" on Showtime, plus all the books and now this movie. I'm sure the fat f--k would be proud! (If you haven't seen the movie go see it now! The love scenes between Eric Bana and Scarlett Johansson are hot!)

One thing that intrigued me was the "B"necklace worn by Ann Boleyn. She wore it all the time in the movie. She even liked it so much she wore it to her execution and handed it to a servant, so it wouldn't get messed up when they chopped her head off!

She reminded me of Carrie Bradshaw and her gold Carrie Necklace. The minute I got home I did a little research on it and apparently I am not the only one drawn to this necklace. Ugly Betty sports one made handpicked by "Sex and the City" costume designer Patricia Field and made Jennifer Parrish at Parrish Relics .

It's not my style, but for $192 this baby can be yours with any initial you choose!
It's been great chatting with you...we really must do it again soon. I'm off to enjoy this beautiful almost Spring day!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice visit with your sister and her family!

It is *almost* Spring, isn't it? Maybe, just maybe, that nice weather will be here soon!

Hugs!

The 5 Bickies said...

Glad you enjoyed a visit with family and got out. I haven't seen the Other Boleyn Girl but would like to before it is out of the theatre. Might not be the same as a rental. It was great chatting with you too.

Amy said...

Did you read the book? I liked the movie, but there was so much more they could have done with it. Guess it's like that with all movies! And I LOVE The Tudors! I'm going to have to go take that quiz now, I'm really curious to see who I would be!

Christine said...

I wish I had a sister.

Hey, did I ever thank you for the Slammin' Post award? I'm lame, I might not have...but I'm paying it forward tomorrow. Thanks!

LunaNik said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend. Getting to hang with your sister is a great thing. My sister is in a band and has one of those awesome rock and roll lifestyles so I don't get to see her much either.

Slacker Mama said...

I'm glad you had a great visit with your sister. Mine's moving from Chicago to San Jose this summer...she's going the wrong way!

I read The Other Boleyn Girl and *loved* it. Haven't seen the movie yet. I'm having a "girl date" with a friend in the near future to do so!

Avery Gray said...

I saw the movie, and it was good, but you HAVE TO read the book! So much more going on there than they could fit into the movie. Still, Eric Bana... Not bad to look at. Kinda evens the playing field a bit. ;o)

B said...

Oh I want one of those now! Seriously...and how fitting -- my name starts with B!

I also want to see the film, so I'm grateful for your wonderful review!

I'll try to stay out of lurkdom this time ;)

Elizabeth said...

Weather is fab here. I'm loving spring for sure.

I have been curious about the Tudors. I may have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great visit. I didn't like The Other Boleyn Girl, but that's because I was really into the book. If you are interested in the real history, I highly recommend Alison Weir's books on the topic - she's awesome.

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Something for you on my blog today...

Anonymous said...

I like the B intial and my fav is the Carrie necklace. I got my Carrie at http://www.wow-imports.com

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.