3.12.2008

Too tired to dish the dirt...

I watched "Real Housewives of NYC" LOVED IT. My goodness the claws are coming out!!

Unfortunately, I had my first official USTA tennis team meeting last night at our captain's house. Let's just say I'm not the partier I used to be and two glasses of wine and lots of loud women are enough to tucker me out the next day.

The scene on the tennis court in "Real Housewives," that was NOTHING compared to the nastiness that goes on at a USTA match. Last night's meeting took it out of me and I didn't even pick up a racket. So much drama! I'm going to give every girl on my team a copy of the Dalai Lama's book, "The Path to Tranquility." They really need to chill!

Guess what I'm doing tomorrow night? A PTO "Ladies Night Out" with 200 women and lots of wine. Oy vey.

Here is what I'm wearing. Yes folks my outfit from Ann Taylor Loft, no snide comments please. Remember, I'm over 40 and I live in the suburbs! Okay, here goes...







I will be completing the look with a silver cuff bracelet and big silver hoop earrings. My pregnant friend is driving, so I can knock back a couple of glasses of wine if I so choose, that way I can feel like I did today on Friday. YAY!

Tomorrow, (or Friday) we'll talk housewives.

Oh and P.S.... I had to go to Macy's today and by a padded bra AND fake chicken cutlet boobs to fill out that shirt. That's how flat chested I am. Don't you feel sorry for me?!!


15 comments:

linda said...

I think the outfit looks great!

MommyTime said...

A) I love AT Loft
B) You will look smashing
C) I only wish I thought of dressing that nicely for functions with parents; mostly I end up in jeans and a fitted henley shirt. Then again, my kids aren't PTA age yet, so perhaps this changes then?
D) You are seriously hot tennis stuff, lady. I'm impressed. Don't let the crazies get you down!

Unknown said...

Work it girl! And have fun too!

suchsimplepleasures said...

that's the perfect look for that type of event!! it has nothing to do with being over 40, either!! it's a conservative event...therefore, you are dressing appropriately and quite stunningly, might i add!?
ugh...that whole comment just made me sound like an old fuddy duddy!
anyway...i think you'll look great!
xoxo

Hair Girl said...

Hello, my name is Hair Girl. I am addicted to AT and the Loft. He, He.

I do like some conservative clothes that fit a Mommy body. I bought the green jacket and a green and white linen skirt for Easter.
I think you have fabulous taste! Just don't color your hair again...

so tired said...

No, I don't feel sorry for you. I have big knockers and they are a pain in the ass!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Brad won't mind about the flat chested thing....isn't he uh, er,.. gay?!!

Hey maybe you and your friend can stop by Ramona's and have a cooking party. Maybe you can pick up LuAnn. Oh wait, she doesn't like that kind of thing.

Wheee! Can't wait till next week!

(Real Housewives humor for all of you scratching your heads).. ;-)

P.S. I can't believe that tacky outfit Jill wore to the horse show. Ugh.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

You have a present on my blog.
Come see!

Belle said...

Love your outfit! Hope you had fun!

Kate said...

I love the outfit & I am not over 40 (but do live in the NJ suburbs;) Whenever I see ATL I assume people are referring to Ann Taylor Loft & then realize that they probably mean Atlanta!

LOL about giving the ladies the Dalai Lama book!

Kim said...

We could compete for flat chestedness--and I'm overweight. Think how little I'd have if I wasn't! I've had those "curves" for years, actually I need a new pair.*note to self, look for new boobies*

I think your outfit looks adorable and sassy, but then again, I'm older than you and I live in the South, so my opinion....who needs it, huh!

The 5 Bickies said...

I love the outfit and that you will look so cute for the event. I'm not usually so pulled together for PTO events. The padded bra is an every day occurrence here...calvin klein push up is my favorite. pushes up nothing but enough padding to take care of itself!

I want more details on the PTO night out. Great idea but our PTO isn't that fun. Would love to hear what they do?

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Love the outfit!

Rachel said...

I think that outfit looks adorable!
Hope the evening was lots of fun!!

The Chic Chauffeur said...

That is a darling outfit! Especially the jacket!!!!! Hold your head high when you shop at the loft. Their stuff is featured in In Style Magazine, and you can't get any more fashionable than that!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.