3.25.2008

Show me your stuff!

My buddy Avery over at Avery Gray tagged her entire blogroll with this meme.

The premise...photograph five things in your house that say something about "who you are."

Avery changed the rules and I'm following her lead. I did five things or five types of things that say "who I am."

I didn't photograph my sex toys, because my husband is shy about those kind of things! KIDDING (Really I am!!!) :)

Okay, here we go...

#1 A sketch of me as a baby.


This is proof that at one time I was, in fact, a natural blond. I have been attempting to achieve that particular shade for 20 years with no success.

#2 Southern Living at HOME products
I sell the stuff...so my home is filled with it!





#3 Flowers.


I love having flowers in my house. If I had more moola I'd have bouquets of hydrangea, gerbera daisies, and tons of orchids all over the place. I am a huge orchid fan. (This one is a cheapy from Costco, it's on it's last legs!)




#4 My daughters' artwork.


My favorite way to decorate is with art created by my children. They feel so proud to have their masterpieces on display!














#5 My little collections...

Sea glass, shells, rocks from the beaches of Maine, we live near the beach so my house is full of these little found treasures!




I added four BONUS categories

#6 Evidence of hobbies past...


Needlepoint (picture and belt), belts I made from ribbon and jewelry from my jewelry making phase.
#7 My computers...

This is where the Caffeine Court magic happens...my daughter is busy working on her blog!








Take note...there are always Webkinz near my computer. (And all over my house.)

#8 The bane of my husband's existence...my laundry room.

It's always a mess. If I could give up blogging, tennis and TV maybe I'd get it all put away! (Who am I kidding...it'll NEVER get put away..it never stops coming!)

#9 Watercolor prints of my beach club...


I only photographed one, because quite frankly, I was getting tired! These memes are exhausting!

I'm almost positive one is me with M & C. It's where we always sit and many people have commented that they thinks it's us! (Didn't Carly Simon write a song about people like me? C'mon you know it..."You're so vain...I'll bet you think this song is about you..." Anyway...

If you are reading this, I tag you. Tell me if you do this because I want to get a peek into your houses-I'm nosy that way!


13 comments:

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I love your shell collection. I'd have never thought of displaying shells that way, you've inspired me. You have a good eye for decoration and you're creative!!

Unknown said...

I might give this one a try....don't look for it till the end of the week though.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Is that a little pug webkinz by the computer? :)

justme said...

love it all. really love your kid's artwork, looks amazing. hey, once i make sure my sitter is still on for mondays, do you want to set up a monday to meet up ?

Anonymous said...

Oooh fun meme! I already posted for today and am way too lazy to post again until tomorrow - but when I do - this is definitely what I'm doing. Your needlepoint projects are lovely, btw.

Avery Gray said...

I feel like such a voyeur. Great stuff!

(Man, if I sold Southern Living products, my cardboard box would be the envy of all my neighboring hobos!)

Thanks for playing along!

LunaNik said...

I'm nosey too!! That's why I loved this meme so much! Ya know, my mother is so nosey that she actually used to go to all of the open houses in my childhood neighborhood just to see how people decorated. Weird.

MommyTime said...

The artwork by your daughter is fantastic. I'm also a big fan of flowers. I'd have them all the time if I could -- huge white gladiolas in the spring, peonies in summer, gardenias, orchids... -sigh- I do at least have lots of glorious daffodils in April when my yard explodes with them. I think I might do this for Friday...thanks for the idea...

Irene said...

Great stuff!

I just finished this meme from another blogger as well. I am nosy too!

I love the kid's artwork! I may have to try that. Great idea.

And my 6 yo has that same dalmatian Webkinz. She loves it, but it is so dirty and ratty now.

Anonymous said...

I have the sea glass and shell thing going on too! Can't help myself! What a cool meme! If I can make the time in the next few days, I'm going to do it too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the artwork.

But I'm confused. . .do you mean that your husband isn't really shy about your sex toys? :)

Anonymous said...

I will definitely do this-give me a couple of days.

your laundry room made me feel better. I always have laundry everywhere it seems. I can't keep up!

Sally said...

How fun! I wanna play.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.