2.12.2008

Take a safety break!


Well, we made it home in one piece. The first couple of hours of the trip were uneventful, but then the snow and ice started to fly! The driving conditions were horrible! I decided we should take a safety break and let the road crews have a chance to salt and plow. Well wouldn't you know, there just happened to be a J. Crew Outlet in the area! What a coincidence!! It was the perfect place to wait out the storm and I felt it was my duty as a responsible mother to pull off the road AND SHOP! The selection really got me psyched for spring. Lots of cute capris and flip flops. I picked up a kelly green hoodie and an adorable tote. (How's that for making lemonade when life hands you lemons?)


After I finished checking out every last article of clothing in the store I felt it was safe to get back on the road. So we climbed back in the minivan to brave the last leg of our journey. I think my favorite part of the trip, next to my daughters hitting each other in the back seat, was when some dude in a Dodge Daytona rode my bumper for about 2 miles in icy conditions with almost no visibilty! That really made my trip. The man was just BEGGING for a 10 car pileup.


So here I am, back in my nice little house, with my nice little laptop, sitting on my nice little couch. Safe from tailgating psychos and 18 wheelers traveling 80 mph. It really is true, "there's no place like home!'


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound! Can you get your shoulders down from your ears? That's where mine always feel like they are after a stressful drive.

Elizabeth said...

I could not agree more. I love being home away from the crazies.

The 5 Bickies said...

What an eventful little trip...ghosts, bad weather, crazy drivers and J. Crew. Glad you are home safe and sound!

MarĂ­a said...

Glad you got home okay! Sounds like a hell of a trip!

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it home. Dad and I were worried.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome home!

Kim said...

Wowza, take the stress level up to peak, why dontcha.

I'd need xanax and three day recovery after that...especially since I haven't driven in snow for about 20 years.

suchsimplepleasures said...

glad you made it home...safe from ghosts and yucky driving conditions!!
xoxo

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

Now you can run around in the nice warm house trying on your new stuff, and pretend it's summer! Glad you had a safe trip.

Stacey said...

Oooh, scary drive...but how nice that you resisted the urge to strangle the bumper riding guy. That required much strength on your part ;)

Melissa said...

Glad you're home safe, and how awesome that you found a J.Crew outlet on the way home! I can't think of a better place to wait out a storm! :)

Avery Gray said...

Welcome home! Glad you made it safe and sound.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

We have crazy drivers up here on the mountain. Ice and slush everywhere, and they blow past you. On a curve, no less. And it is not like I actually want them to go off the cliff or anything, but to see them spun out and stuck on the side of the road would be a lovely thing to see. I would give a little wave as I rolled by.

Amy said...

I hate tailgaters! They are so scary! Glad you made it home okay!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Ha! I was at an outlet mall today and stopped by J Crew and I know exactly what green hoodie you're talking about! And weren't there some darling flip flops? There was a paisley pair (white background) I wanted and how about those madras ones?! 20% if you buy 2 or more!

P.S. I'm disappointed, I wanted the ghost to touch your back. ;-)

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.