2.23.2008

Back to our regularly scheduled fluff...

My last post was no fun, so I thought I'd entertain you with an unfortunate incident which I inflicted upon myself.

In an attempt to save money and stay within "The Budget," (and as a reaction to the photo my daughter took post-snowstorm) I decided to cut and color my own hair. I don't even need to tell you how bad it looks.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll take a picture and post it. But first I'm putting on a hat and cruising to my local pharmacy to purchase a dark ash blond to apply OVER the brown and orange stripes that are scattered all over my head. (Yes, I attempted a base color with highlights.)


I caught my husband looking at it a few minutes ago, and I swear I think this might be a "deal breaker" for him! If it is, I'll tell the judge that he married me knowing FULL WELL that I have a hair disorder that flairs up once every few years. I will make a promise that I will go back to my hairdresser if hubby will agree to raise "The Budget" $50 per week.

It's all about give and take.

HAIR CRISIS PART II I'm back from the store and will post photos after I attempt to correct my color disaster...
This is the color I was TRYING to get,
a nice light brown with caramel highlights






THIS is what I got...
believe me, this is a flattering photo.
It's even UGLIER in person!








Thank you Mommytime for
the picture...this shot
pretty much sums up
my situation...

Here's another example-
notice the color of
my eyebrow next to the bright
orange hue of my hair!







This is exactly what my cat
Mickey looks like, maybe
subconsciously I wanted to
look like him!


Stay tuned-god only knows what
will happen next in my laboratory.


21 comments:

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

ummmm, shit?!

Hair Girl said...

Oh Honey! This is what we live to correct. Don't you understand that a professional, with a million years experience did that cover models hair? You did get a similar result, its just that your high lights were too chunky. If you still have issues after adding the Ash tone, try using a purple shampoo called Shimmer Lights. You can find it at Sally Beauty Supply. It will tone down the gold/orange. This is actually a very good lesson for your husband. It should teach him to place you on such a strict budget! :o)

MarĂ­a said...

Wait, what's wrong with it?

















I don't know anything about highlights. *lol*

Elizabeth said...

Oh darlin, I did the same damn thing. I so feel your pain. It'll be fixed - no worries.

LunaNik said...

PUT THE BOX OF COLOR DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE COUNTER!!!

Seriously, if I had your number I would call you right now so that you would STOP.

Any color that has "ash" in the description or title has GREEN in it and can perpetually make your color WORSE and not better!

GOOD LUCK!!

3XMom said...

oh man..can't wait to see how it comes out. It actually didn't look that bad...perhaps you should just dye your eyebrows and call it a day?

Bloghoppin' ThreeMartiniMommy

Greens and Pinks said...

I have been there. Many times, but not recently. I learned my lesson when I tried to give myself a "cap highlight" and ended up with huge platinum/white chunks scattered throughout my dark brown hair.

Good luck. I feel your pain. That's all I've got!

Anonymous said...

See Caffeine Court item #2 02/16/2008.

Love Dad

Maude Lynn said...

Been there, done that, and in a RAINBOW of colors, too!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

I think it's cute, what's your issue with it? Of course I am a total hair color virgin so what do I know...

I am sure you look darling.

suchsimplepleasures said...

did you learn NOTHING from me? Stay away from the drugstore hair dyes...they aren't friends...they are hairdresser fodder!! seriously...
stay away!!
xoxo

The 5 Bickies said...

I'll be getting my hair done on Monday. Thanks for reminding me why I pay someone to do my hair. Yours looks good compared to what I could do!

Anonymous said...

ok - from the picture - I don't see a problem. BUT. I know I freak out when I look in the mirror and my colorist hasn't followed her recipe.

If your husband ain't happy with it, come on over. We'll happily adopt ya! :)

btw - it took 3 damn tries at the captcha to get this thru! have pity on a person. ;)

MommyTime said...

I actually thought the top of your head looked really good. Till you pointed out your eyebrow. Now I still think the top of your head looks good -- if you're a tabby cat. :) And I mean that in the nicest possible way. Cats often have eyebrows much darker than their hair. The way I see it, you have four options: (1) dye your eyebrows faintly orange-brown; (2) attempt a drugstore fix of the hair; (3) go to a hair salon; (4) buy several I <3 My Orange Tabby t shirts, bumper stickers, and other paraphenalia, and embrace your inner feline fabulousness. Here's your soul sister.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

It doesn't look that bad to me, but I wish you luck in fixing it since it is "that bad" to you! lol

Anonymous said...

Oh god - sorry - that sucks.

My hair is seriously my one luxury. I haven't had a professional manicure in years, I get like two-three pedicures a year, and an inordinate amount of my clothing is purchased from sale racks or Target or sale racks in Target, BUT I never mess with my hair. It just isn't worth it.

I am sending good hair vibes your way and hoping you find a quick fix.

Anonymous said...

Hope the 'fix' works! But, the pics don't look bad (have you seen what people are doing to their hair these days??), so, try not to worry! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I tried that "couleur expert" or whatever it is too. I don't think yours looks as bad as mine did, but I still sympathize. I use Garnier Nutrisse now, which seems to be idiot proof. Or maybe my standards are just really low now.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

What do you mean it didn't work? All those celebrities in those ads do it (Sarah Jessica Parker, etc.) and their hair turns out fine! (snort)

You're brave to attempt it. I don't even bother to blow dry my own hair because I just can't do it right!

Emily Suess said...

We all have our hair stories...and I've got bad hair stories that weren't self-inflicted. It's more atrocious when you pay $50 and still get a bad cut/color.

I salute your courage anyway! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks like Morris the cat color or my cousin's old cat Monday - now deceased.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.