2.26.2008

Tagged by Avery!


Here's a literary meme! Sent to me by the fabulous Avery Gray.
This one is fun and easy...


The rules :
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people & post a comment here once you post it to your blog, so I can come see.
Here goes:

"She was sure before long someone would pass out and fall into the pool and was relieved that the house was full of doctors, just in case. Following the steak sandwiches someone declared that the girls should go topless. Myra was the first to discard her top, flinging it into the pool with a great whoop, then dancing a bouncing frug with Gordon's friend, Dave Immerman."

This is from Judy's Blume's "Adult Novel" "Wifey." Described on the cover as "The National Bestseller of a Very Nice Housewife with a Very Dirty Mind."

Judy Blume wrote this in 1978 and my mom had a copy. I used to sneak and read it when she wasn't home. (Probably around the same time I was sneaking to watch "One Day at a Time!"

I found it in a box of books in my room a few weeks ago and I started reading it again. What a funny book!

Anyway, I tag the Jersey Girls, Feener, LunaNik, Jen at Dirty Little Secret and Stacey. Have fun ladies!


13 comments:

LunaNik said...

Awwww shit...it's Jersey all the way on this one...HOLLA!!!

Thanks for the tag. I actually like this meme. It's so low maintenance.

Unknown said...

Ooooh....I so want to read this book. I loved Beach Girls?? Or was it Summer Girls?? Anyway, I loved it and will have to pick this one up.

Thanks for coming by my blog!! I'll subscribe here and be back soon :)

MarĂ­a said...

wnna read it wanna read it!!

Anonymous said...

Geez! How out of touch am I?! I didn't even know that Judy Blume wrote "big girl" books! This looks good!

My meme is complete and posted, ma'am! I'm proud to be one of the "Jersey Girls"! I'm in excellent company! :-)

Anonymous said...

I read Wifey.. and loved it.. This was a fun read.. :)

suchsimplepleasures said...

i used to sneak my moms copy!! and...do you remember the book, forever? my 5th grade teacher took it away from me...and couldn't believe my mom would let me read that!! that...was a great book!!

Belle said...

Loved "Wifey" and "Summer Sisters". My Mother thought it was "trash". All the more reason to love it! hee hee.

CashmereLibrarian said...

I never read "Wifey," but I mistakenly left "Forever" laying about one day and boy my mom was pissed. Pretty funny!

Amy said...

I read it too, years ago! Definitely a lot different than Freckle Juice!

Elizabeth said...

I've seen that and always wondered what it was like. You will have to do a review. :)

Anonymous said...

My turn to tag you! So, "Tag, you're it!" :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag - the meme (in my own way) is up!

Childsplayx2 said...

The most risque Judy Blume book I ever read was "Are you there God, it's me Margaret."

("I must, I must, I must increase my bust!")

Being a guy, I never tried it. But it was pretty funny to read when I was 13 or so.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.