2.08.2008

More Slammin' Post Awards!


Another week has gone by and what a week it has been! So many blogs to read and so many FABULOUS posts!

As you know, I bestow my cute little award to the ladies and gentlemen whose posts stood out in the vast sea of bloggers. There are no criteria for winning this award other than "I like you! I REALLY like you!"


So without further ado, here are the awards for this week! (What a build up!!!)

This week's first award goes to Avery Gray's post "It Could Happen." About her adorable and entertaining son Ethan. Remember this prediction, this kid will be our first Commander-in-Chief to wear antlers to his inauguration!


The next award goes to What Works for Us's very funny story "Purge-tory" This post brings us on a journey into MamaGeek's basement where she discovers some very funny items from years past. She brought back so many memories for me ESPECIALLY the "Growing Up and Liking it Book!" (Which was published by the Modess Sanitary Napkin Company).


Let's have a round of applause for In The Trenches of Mommyhood's "Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much." In this entertaining post In the Trenches receives a new age calendar which dispenses some pretty asinine advice.

Our final two awards go to Jim at The Busy Dad Blog. The first for his short, sweet and oh so funny post "Return on Investment." The second for his post, "Let's Get Cultural!" This one tickled my funny bone, with a chicken bone!! Jim has such an amusing take on being a parent. If you haven't discovered his blog yet, head on over. There's always something happening at The Busy Dad Blog!

Meet me here next week, same bat-time, same bat-channel for still more SLAMMIN' Awards!


Note: I am completely willing to rig this competition and accept bribes for awards. Simply send me a check (the larger the better) made out to CASH and you too can be the proud recipient of a Slammin' Post Award!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Big smiles! Thank you for highlighting TWO of my posts!! All the credit goes to that crazy cool kid of mine. Without the blog fodder that spews out daily, I'd have one hell of a pointless boring-ass blog about my daily 4-hour commute and how much I love whiskey.

Avery Gray said...

Aw! Thank you! I will remember you fondly when Ethan has his finger on the big red button. (You just never know with that kid!)

Anonymous said...

Cool posts. This is such a great idea.

Does the check have to be good? :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, thanks so much for the lurve. I love that graphic!

Sadly, my crap has multiplied like rabbits. :)

Ned said...

You obviously missed my story about the swinging neighbors!

MarĂ­a said...

I've already been appreciating the glory that is Avery and Busy Dad - off to discover the rest!

MommyTime said...

Blog hopping along and found you for the first time. I love the highlights post, which sent me several more fun places. I also couldn't stop reading here, and now I'm all excited to keep coming back -- even during the week too -gasp!- :). So. Hi!

MartiniTime

Tara R. said...

Great blogs all... well deserving of any and all kudos.

blog hopping = etcetera

Jenn said...

Anything Avery writes is golden( and she didn't pay me to say that..)

Nice to read you...

blog hoppin
Mox on The Rocks

Ed (zoesdad) said...

This blog hopping thing is worth it's weight in gold when you stumble upon interesitng blogs like yours.

I feel certain I would have won one of those awards had you only known about me.

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea!!! You've got some good posts linked here!

Blog Hoppin'
Margarita Miss

ShannanB said...

You are too funny. Yeah for Busy Dad!!

Happy Blog Hopping,
Anastasia Beaverhousin

Shannon said...

Thanks for the great links - I have lots to read tonight.

Blog hopping ~ PhatBlogHopper

Sarahviz said...

I'm honored! Thanks for the bloggy love!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.