2.24.2008

The envelope please...


Since the Academy Awards are in a few short hours, I thought it was an appropriate time to award some lucky bloggers with "The Slammin' Post Award."

This award is pretty much the blogging equivalent of the Best Picture Oscar, so if you win one, you should feel VERY honored.

The beauty of my award ceremony is that you don't have to sit through any cheesy musical numbers so BE THANKFUL people!

I've been feeling a bit under the weather this week, but I gathered the strength to find these gems to share with you. Drum roll please!

My first award goes to Mommy Bits' posting from February 8th "Imagine What His Teacher Must Think Of Me." This boy will make someone a GREAT husband someday! Come on over to "The Court" Mommy Bits and claim your award!


Let's have a big round of applause for Rachel at "From the Land of Monkeys & Princesses" for "A Good Tongue Lashing" I think I'm going to needlepoint this one on a pillow! (And hand it out at my daughter's school.) Great words to live by.

This week's final award goes to The Mom Bomb's very funny post "I need an intervention" If you answered yes to two or more of her questions-you are officially a "blog ho." Admitting you have a problem is the first step to a cure. Read it and weep.

Thanks for tuning in...maybe next year I'll have a "Slammin' Post Red Carpet Fashion Show." We can all strut down the cat walk clad in our sweats, mom jeans and pjs. Maybe I can convince Joan and Melissa will stop in for some fashion commentary.

(Oh and P.S. If you are the recipient of this honor, I expect an acceptance speech no longer than 250 words...any longer and I'll cut you off! Thanks for sticking to the format.)

Tomorrow, we'll talk Oscars.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the red carpet idea - do you think you can get Kathy Griffin, too? I loved her red carpet coverage.

MarĂ­a said...

Mom jeans? NEVER!

ShannanB said...

OMG. I am so honored. I'd like to thank my son's teacher for teaching him to read and write. I guess I'd like to thank his friends to teaching him that "Fart" is such a funny word.

lol.

P.S. I still stand firm about not having passed wind!

Rachel said...

*THUD!*
That's me falling out of my chair! No Way!! I'm so excited!! Thank you so much. Wow.
I am now fully dressed in formal garb and ready to accept my award.
*ahem*
I would like to thank my husband for purchasing me this laptop. I would like to thank God for all of his many blessings. I would like to thank Stumble Upon for providing me with fabulous websites upon one of which I found the random tidbit that the tongue is the strongest muscle in the body and my children for sitting in front of the TV so quietly eating candy and drinking Dr. Pepper so mommy can blog for hours on end :-) (Okay, the part about the kids isn't true)
I am so honored and I'm thrilled that my post touched so many people, even if they read it originally because they thought it was going to be dirty :-) Thank you so much for this award!! I am truly honored!!

david mcmahon said...

I might have an Oscar post up my tennis shirt sleeve as well!!

MommyTime said...

I need an intervention too, apparently. Thanks for making me laugh! (and for the heads up...) Off to read some more posts...

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.