2.14.2008

I'm feeling the love...


Happy Valentine's Day! Our schools are closed this week for winter break, so my girls had all their school festivities last week, but that didn't stop us from celebrating at home.

Last night our Valentine's Day cherubs, "Valentino and Valentina" paid us a visit. The girls left donuts and milk out and this morning they received a gift and card from our favorite Valentine's Day duo. My kids get alot of action from every holiday. At Christmas it's Santa, at Easter, The Easter Bunny. Valentine's Day brings "Valentino and Valentina" and on Saint Patrick's Day "Lucky The Leprechaun" comes bearing presents. PLUS my they got a package from my parents and new Nintendo DS games from Mom and Dad. They don't know how good they have it!

I received a dozen red roses and we are having sushi for dinner tonight. Saturday we have a babysitter and we'll have our official Valentine's Day date night.

I couldn't figure out what to get for my husband. He's tough to shop for, but today at Linens-n-Things we found something amazing that I never thought I would EVER buy in a million years. We purchased the Homedics Shiatsu Massaging Cushion WITH HEAT! Holy sheeeot. It feels so damn good. When we tried it out at the store my four year old said, "Whoever invented this is a GENIUS!" That sealed the deal for me.


When Brad gets home we'll sit him in a chair next to the fire and crank up his new toy. I'll bet he'll fall asleep in less than five minutes.

I was never a big fan of Valentine's Day, I've always considered it a "Hallmark Holiday." I have officially changed my position. (Maybe I should become a politician!) Any day that promotes being nice to others and provides an excuse to pamper myself is okay by me!

Hope you all enjoy the day. Hugs and kisses to you all!


11 comments:

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Valentino and Valentina-how cute!!!

MarĂ­a said...

Oooh! Cute idea!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

What a totally fun idea! I like it. I like V-day, we don't spend a lot of money but a day dedicated to showing love is OK with me. My kids have fun, that's what matters!

Melissa said...

I have that seat cushion! It's heavenly!

I love your the Valentino and Valentina idea! How cute! :)

so tired said...

Lucky kids!

Belle said...

So funny! My 9 yr old had the cushion on his list for 2 yrs so we finally bought it for him last Christmas. Now we all fight to see who gets to sit in it!

LunaNik said...

Hafta say...I'm not a V-Day girl. As a matter of fact, hubby and I ignore that day as if it doesn't exist. We also ignore our birthdays, our anniversary, and christmas gifts for each other. This way, we can splurge on one big gift per year. This year it was iPhones, year before it was an iPod for me and a HUGE flat screen LCD for the both of us. Makes life a bit easier...

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your night out!

I could use that massage cushion myself... Maybe a belated V-Day present to myself? ;-)

A Man Among Mommies said...

Yeah we are not big V day people. The kids have a great time.

Doing a little blog hopping with baby..

The 5 Bickies said...

Valentino and Valentina are priceless. You are very clever! And your 4 year old calling the inventor a genuius. She is a genius. Sounds like you had a fun and love-filled day!

MommyTime said...

mmmm...sushi... That's our Valentine's dinner tradition too.

My mom had a valentine fairy that brought us a loving little card or treat or something. In all the years she did this, the ones that I remember being most important were, oddly enough, high school. It was so nice to get a warm loving wish on a day when you had a longing crush on some boy who wouldn't look twice at you no matter how much you wanted it. Something to remember for my own kids...

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.