10.07.2007

You've gotta LOVE it!


I played my first World Team Tennis match today, it was so much fun! The matches are played like regular tennis, only you can substitute players if someone is "off."

If you don't play tennis I won't bore you with the details. What I will do is try to convince you to take up the sport. It really is an awesome game. I see people in their eighties and nineties who still play. I've met some of my best friends through my leagues and teams and it keeps me in shape. (I should mix it up a little with running or swimming, but there are only so many hours in a day!) Your assignment for the week. Call your local tennis club and sign up for lessons or a beginners league. Trust me...you'll thank me. The outfits are so cute and so are the teaching pros!


2 comments:

The 5 Bickies said...

I just started back to tennis with a 2.5 class at the Y and am LOVING it. I really haven't played since high school and I want to play more. That's the next step...I took the class hoping to find more women who play at the same level.

I tried to answer the question you left me on my blog and it got rejected. I am on the Main Line and lived in Philly at 18th & Spruce in my single days. A small world!!!

I love reading your blog!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

This summer (July)we were staying at the La Costa Resort (near San Diego/La Jolla) and before we left, they were starting to set up for the Acura Women's Open (??)(or whatever they called it)which was to start about 2 days after we left. We had a room right by the tennis courts. I wish we could have stayed to watch it. I think that Shrapova(I know I know that's wrong) girl was going to defend her title.

My husband was a big tennis player back in the day. He was actually ranked. Now he's obsessed with golf. Maybe I'll post a pic of him in action. ;-) (tennis action, I mean)....

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.