10.08.2007

A whole new world...


I didn't mention this in my last post, but between dinner and the movie on "date night" Brad and I hit our local Barnes & Noble for a chai latte and so I could get a book on my favorite new hobby, blogging!

There wasn't much of a selection so I had to choose between "Blogging for Dummies" and "THE ROUGH GUIDE to Blogging." THE ROUGH GUIDE won by a landslide!

I started my blog is August and was pretty much clueless about the ins and outs of blogging. I've been learning as I go and with "a little help from my friends." This guide has helped me to understand aspects of blogging I never knew existed. There are sections on RSS tools as well as getting on blog review sights such as The Weblog Review and Blog of the Day.

(If you've had your blog reviewed you are braver than me!)

There is also a really helpful section on Blog search engines and portals such as Technorati and Feedster.

Another section that I love is the author's blogroll of his favorite blogs. These are the gold standard of blogs. Check out these two blogs by moms: Greek Tragedy and Dooce. There is an entire list of food blogs, art blogs, knitting blogs, you name it!

THE ROUGH GUIDE to Blogging is only $12.99. This blogger gives it two thumbs way up.

“Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can - there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.”

- Sarah Caldwell


4 comments:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I got Blogging for Dummies about 3 weeks ago and posted about it because I was still lost and this book was for dummies so I was a little ahem, concerned. lol. But I have definitely gotten more blogger savvy as I've gone along. In fact, I'm quite proud of myself for what I've learned to do, all on my own!

But for some reason now when I try to link something by highlighting and then clicking on that icon, etc. it doesn't work anymore. It's like I take two steps forward, then one step back.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Okay, now I have a problem that is way too over my head. I installed a sitemeter, and I was looking at it and I'm getting TONS of people from all over Europe, and it's somehow because of this Audrey Hepburn post I did, with the photo I used. Help! I do not want this traffic directed to my blog! What have I done?? Arrrgghhh.

Check your book and fix my problem, will ya? ;-)

Elizabeth said...

How coooooooool. I might have to check out that book. :)

Catherine said...

Wow - what a fascinating book! I mean need to check it out. I've been blogging for almost two years and I'm always embarrassed by the things I don't know yet. :)
catherine

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.