10.05.2007

There's a Nightmare in my Closet...


As you may or may not know. My walk-in closet has been a source of angst for me for quite some time now. It really is a nightmare.

Today I felt ready to conquer the clutter. I entered the closet armed with determination and trash bags. What I discovered simultaneously shocked and delighted me! Coupled with old receipts, shopping bags, sippy cups and unmatched socks was a treasure trove of items I had forgotten about! Awesome jeans that fit perfectly, tank tops that I've never worn, adorable sweaters I can wear when the temperature drops below 80 degrees. I was so happy I decided to run to my computer and write about it!

But seriously, I made some headway today. It was a big step for me, and now that I've gone in and faced the monster, I'm not so scared. It almost gives me enough courage to sort out my junk drawer!


5 comments:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Isn't it good to just GIT R DONE??

I DREAD doing stuff like that, but once I just make up my mind, I feel so much better. I try to accomplish at least one thing a day, even if it's small. That's my new goal.

Is that walk in closet just yours alone? And did your hubby really build it himself?

Alexis Black said...

Congrats, Jill! My brother must be beside himself excited and impressed. I am jealous. I just tackled mine (and my dresser drawers) and was nothing but depressed when I got done. Still hanging on to some old stuff in there...and realizing I have packed them on! Yikes! Nothing fits. I need to go review those goals I blogged about a month ago...oh well. By the way, that comment is funny...your hubby building it himself? You did say he built it for you, so I can see the confusion, but that made me chuckle!

workinthatpreppy said...

i am plannng to attack all closets monday and tuesday...my children are out of school and they have new flooring...it is time!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

By the way, love the quote about "stuff." So true!

linda said...

I just cleaned out my closet and was ruthless....all those designer brands that I kept because they cost so much, but I never wear are out!!!!The too high-heeled manolo's, too "nautical"-looking St John and too colorful Lilly dresses all made the donation bag. It feels great to finally let that stuff go.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.