10.02.2007

The way it SHOULD be...




I took Catherine to the beach for a walk this morning after dropping Meg at school. It was perfect. What a difference a month makes! Labor Day Weekend is such a zoo. Today it was unbelievably quiet. All we could hear was the sound of surf and seagulls. The only people there were the fisherman and a few runners.

The kids love the beach club and they have a ball. My husband and I joined for them. Everyone who goes there is very nice, but it's constant chit-chat. It's really relaxing to just walk and not say a word.

When my chocolate lab, Abby was younger I used to take her to the beach for runs all the time. There's nothing better than watching a lab in her element swimming in the ocean or sprinting full speed along the shore. There's nothing worse, however, than the ensuing sandy mess in the mini-van! Sand and stink be damned. I owe that dog a beach run and she's goint to get it!


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I took my dog to the beach yesterday and he ran like a maniac. He had a fab time too.

Ironically soaking one's own self in the ocean is totally okay but when your owner soaks you and gives you a bath? That right there is grounds to look pitiful and bust out the "why you no love me, mama?" face.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Awwwww, Abby is a cutie.

Ned said...

Abby looks just like my Biscuit. Labs are just the best! If only they could sweep the hair off the hardwood....

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.