10.10.2007

MRS. Clean and Green


This is for all you Happy Housewives out there. I'm still working getting on my rug. (You might recall my cat pee situation.) Anyway, I'm always looking for ways to clean my carpets and I came across this website. There are some great suggestions in here and they are all natural which is a bonus.

I like this one. I'll never do it, but I like it:
Spin-Fresh Bathroom Deodorizer
Add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil to the inside of the cardboard toilet tissue roll. With each turn, fragrance is released into the room.

How about this classic suggestion: Simply light a match for a few moments or burn a candle (scented or unscented). The flame from either will "eat-up" bad smelling gases in the air.

I remember in college everyone I know had a pack of matches on the back of their toilet. Yeah, yeah, you don't have to say it...too much information!

After you read this you'll want to go to Costco and buy white vinegar and baking soda in bulk. Not as much fun as going to Nordstrom, but think of how proud you'll be to have sparkling clean floors and a garbage disposal that smells like lemon and eucalyptus!

I know what you're thinking and yes, housework is my life.


1 comments:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

My brother always does the match thing (yeah, more TMI)...you see that a lot in guys bathrooms (or at least I use to -- haven't been to one in a while)....

Like the oil thing on the toilet roll idea. I actually do that with the perfume strips I get in magazines. In fact, I was going to do a whole post about that. Thanks for reminding me!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.