3.27.2009

Real Housewives of NYC-Just throwin' it out there...


As usual, there is so much to talk about. It seems the producers of the show have decided to zero in on specific people and spotlight their flaws. The past couple of weeks LuAnn was on the hot seat. Now the focus is on Kelly. In my next post we'll get into that, but right now I'd like to talk about Simon and Alex.

Since the first episode of the show, everyone has made it clear that they think Simon is gay. I have to admit that if we go by stereotypes, he certainly appears that way. He's into fashion and has an effeminate way about him. Here's the thing. Maybe he's not. Or if he is, maybe he doesn't know it, or chooses not to act on it. I have to give the guy some credit, he and Alex seem very happy. They have so much in common! I think they have a very unusual marriage, and it seems codependent, but it works for them.

Out of all the marriages on the show, I would say Ramona and Mario have the most "normal" one. They seem to really like each other. They goof around and have fun. Nothing suspicous here.

Jill's husband Bobby seems like a nice enough guy, but it looks to me that she's in it for the money. He's a sweet man who gives her whatever she wants, but when it comes right down to it, I think she's rather cuddle with her Chihuahua than Bobby.

And then there's LuAnn and the Count. Do they EVER see each other? They seem like a couple that lives completely separate lives. Maybe it works for them, but Simon and Alex appear to have a much more loving relationship than they do.

So what do you think? Is Simon gay? If so, does he know it and chooses not to act on it? Does Alex know he's gay and doesn't care?

Sure our country is in crisis, but let's not worry about that. We need to focus on the important things, like reality TV and the lives of complete strangers.

When I worry about their lives, my own troubles seem to melt away....

(Oh and I'm sure I'll get a note from their lawyers...it seems whenever I put one of their pictures on my blog I get an e-mail asking me to take it down!! Tee hee)

If you want to check out the Mc-Cord/Van Kempen blog...click on the link...


14 comments:

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

First of all...you get letters from lawyers about the pictures...seriously...

All of those people drive me crazy...

Kim said...

Can't stand any of the housewives so I've no clue about this particular guy, but since I know two very effeminate men who are happily married and straight as arrows, I always think you can't judge a book by its cover.

Sometimes they're just a little too "happy" as opposed to "gay" ;-}

Bridget said...

Not sure what Simon's deal is but he is PERFECTION for a show like this and truly is the 6th housewife! You have to give him credit for that

Jill said...

I a, 50/50 about Simon. And I work in the design business and have a very keen GAY-DAR. At least Simon and Alex are respectful of EACH OTHER, even if they do swim in a kiddie pool.

Jill said...

Oh, and Kelly. Big zero.

Das Mutter said...

Being married to a man who taught me about the power of high heels, I really don't get the feeling he's gay. They just seem kind of in their own world. I catch it every once in awhile. My husband thinks the show is the downfall of society. LOL

Anonymous said...

I am 50-50 on him but think they have the most loving relationship out of the whole bunch.

Kelly I can't stand and neither can I stand Luann...why doesn't she go and COUNTess how many fingers I'm holding up?

"Cookie" said...

Don't think he's gay...just different! :) I agree they have a strange marriage but different things work for different people. I'm not as into this Housewives. I'm more into the Orange County girls.

EatPlayLove said...

I don't think Simon is gay, I think that's what Bravo plays up for the scandal of it all. I do have to say I think Mario is a dirtbag, his eyes seem to be interested in everyone but his wife, even though they try to play the two off as perfect.

LOL! Damn Housewives, I should have better things to do with my time.

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

I don't think Simon is gay - just very METROSEXUAL!

Anonymous said...

We all know I am convinced he's gay. I will not waver in my opinion!

I'm going to read that blog, hopefuly it won't be as pretentious as they seem? Riiiight.

Far From Perfect said...

Don't think Simons gay.. really can't put my finger on it, only that he kinda freaks me out!!

Kelly- seems mean and she really needs to get over herself.

I wonder is this really the real story-or are the producers making something out of nothing. These people must of gotten paid a butt load of money to look this stupid- or their just that stupid!!! I just keep watching???

Tippy said...

Simon just likes to vogue for the camera, so whatever will get him more air time, he'll do (IMO).

I always just figured that "the Count" doesn't really want to be on TV. It seems pretty obvious by his lack of air time that he shuns it, which shows he has more "class" than his wife. The fact that she thinks she's an authority on etiquette cracks me up, given her behavior on the show.

I don't watch much TV, but that series is addictive. I don't care for the OC version. I'm going to give the NJ version a try. But I love the NYC ladies. Especially Jill!

rn terri said...

OK> I LOVE this show. Yes, I think Simon is gay. I am thinking he thinks we don't know. I think he and Alex really like each other, but she seems very dependent on him. The get along TOO good for my taste. :-)... I think Ramona is great, I didn't think I would like her, but I really do! I am anxious for tomorrow night to see what happens next. Luann & Kelly--not a fan of either of these ladies.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.