3.02.2009

Nature's Bounty


This morning my five year old daughter overheard my sister and I having a conversation about my recent 10 pound weight gain.

Me: Look at my butt! It's huge!

Catherine: Mom, you're an adult. All adults have big butts....it's nature!

I guess that explains it. Nature. I might as well accept it.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the massive quantities of Swedish fish, cinnamon dulce lattes, soft pretzels, donuts and pizzas I've been consuming over the last couple of months.

Okay, Dr. Phil, you're right. It's NOT nature. A few short months ago I was slim. It's amazing how slacking off on exercise and eating like a pig can have such an immediate effect.

It hit me like a ton of bricks this week. I'm on my way to getting fat and I have to take action IMMEDIATELY. No more handfuls of french fries, no more late night graham crackers and milk. I'll be drinking lots of water, having a Slimfast for breakfast and stepping up the tennis.

I might be an adult, but that doesn't mean I have to have a fat ass. No matter what my daughter says!!!

Oh, and don't expect any before and after pictures. I am WAY too vain to display photos of my big booty on the internet. (Unless, of course, I could make a few bucks doing it...THEN I might be tempted. Can you say LIPO FUND?)
As per your request, I have removed the Snuggie commercial from my sidebar. The Snuggie joke is so overdone...but I couldn't help myself!


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine is such a pip !
I have been eating like a pig ever since Dad's surgery. I have to stop otherwise the 12 lbs I lost wil be back. Reading your Blog has inspired me. My butt is bigger than yours nah nah na nah nah :)

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Oh, if you really want to see a big butt, look at me. The winter just does me in!

Unknown said...

I don't think it's age or food that makes the butt big, it's other people's bad eyesight that blow the butt out of proportion!!

♥ Braja said...

Aw, come on Jill....show us your fat ass :)))

Formerly known as Frau said...

Maybe its the mirror not your ass! Fat mirrors are the worst!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

OMG, that picture cracks me up!

Jan said...

I am on my way to my new gym this morning. I was lying in bed this morning thinking of reasons why I couldnt go today. Getting started is the hardest part.

Debie Napoleon said...

Well maybe you should join us on Think Thin Thursdays for more movtivation and support!

Besides it's so hard to exercise when it's cold out!

Dr Zibbs said...

As long as you don't start wearing "Mom jeans"

Yellow Beads said...

My problem is my "tummy" not my butt!

The 5 Bickies said...

Children can be so blunt. And sometimes honest. My children often discuss the largeness of my derriere. I'm working on it and my thighs are aching!

Maureen said...

Go, you!

Coffee with Cathy said...

Good luck. It's amazing how yucky you can feel after a few weeks of little bit extra here and a little bit more there. Sounds as if you're taking control now, although I can't believe it's as bad as you say. You cannot play tennis and have a fat butt! Well, unless you play tennis verrryyy slowly, the way I do.

Susan said...

OK, I have not put the doughnuts down. You may have even convinced me to get to the gym before school ends. UGH. Thanks alot. ;)

Tickled Pink And Green said...

This is depressing...if you play tennis all the time and STILL gain weight...what chance do the rest of us have?

:(

Sass said...

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. hee hee.

Maybe we could motivate each other somehow???

Karen MEG said...

I haven't been able to get to the gym since I sprained my knee early January ... now I am very afraid...;). Good to know it's nature!!

Jaina said...

Lol, at least you're taking action. I miss my morning walks...I REALLY want the time to change.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.