3.15.2009

"Moms Gone Wild" aka "A Drunken Celebration in the City of Brotherly Love"



Brad and I just arrived home from a romantic weekend getaway in the world's sexiest city...Philadelphia.

My mom watched the girls and we spent a glorious weekend at The Ritz Carlton. One good thing about the bad economy is that luxury hotels have some AMAZING offers. Our room was less than $200 a night!

Friday night we dined at Philly hot spot Buddakan. We sat at a really cool lit up onyx table, drank Asian mojitos and dined on sesame crusted tuna and wasabi mashed potatoes. It was awesome.

Saturday morning we hit the Cezanne exhibit at the Philadelphia Art Museum. Almost as interesting as the art were the people at the people from all over the world who came to see the exhibit.

Okay, enough of this boring stuff. You could read a Fodor's travel book if you want to know about Philadelphia.

Let's talk about me, and what a fool I made out of myself...

Saturday night we met up with three of my best friends and their husbands for to celebrate my friend Jenny's birthday. I think I've mentioned that once every few years I really let loose. Well, last night was my night. We had dinner at El Vez, a very cool restaurant known for their margaritas which are made with fresh squeezed lime juice and PLENTY of tequila. The pitchers kept coming and coming.



We were all getting crazy and having a good old time, when my friend Liz took a look at me and said..."You are WASTED!" That's pretty much my last memory of the evening. Apparently a switch in my brain stem was short circuited by my massive tequila consumption. I completely shut down.

I layed down in the booth for awhile until they thought I was able to stand. Then Brad poured me into a cab and my night was over. This morning he showed me some pictures he took of me face down on the bathroom floor. Lovely.

I think this is the booth I passed out in...


Luckily I was with my very close friends who got a huge kick out of my drunken antics. They continued their merry making without us, at a gay bar named "Woody's." They didn't realize it was a gay bar until they had been there about 10 minutes...apparently it was really fun. Too bad I was dry heaving in the toilet at the Ritz.


Needless to say, I couldn't eat until 4 o'clock this afternoon. Hangovers suck.

Enough about me...how was YOUR weekend???


12 comments:

Jill said...

The to-kill-ya will get you every time.

Unknown said...

So was this it for the year or do we get to hear about more antics during the summer?
I am so not envious of your hangover, ha. I had mine for the year and it took me 24 hours to get over it.
How about posting some of the pictures....please!

Debie Napoleon said...

I've done that a few times. I try to stop now before I get to the bathroom floor thing.

BTW we were in Philly lastnight at Fogo's for a birthday dinner. I just love Philly!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Margaritas are my all time weakness!

kel said...

Tequila = temporary insanity.

PaperCourt said...

I agree...hangovers suck. Hope you're feeling better today.

The 5 Bickies said...

What, you didn't call? Just kidding...sounds like a fabulous night (until the drunk and hungover part) and you certainly hit some of my favorite places.

I was at the art museum Saturday too! 3 friends and I did a scavenger hunt! So fun. Hope you had a fun trip to our city of brotherly love and come back soon.

Anonymous said...

oh.
my.
gosh.

you're so funny...drunkard. he he he.glad you had fun.

SouthernAspirational said...

Nothing wrong with a lady who knows how to have a good time! Just sorry it left you hugging the porcelain thrown... =)

Jan said...

We have all been there once. Some of us more than once!

Maureen said...

We stayed in that same hotel a few years ago for a weekend getaway... do they still have that chocolate bar at night? That was sinful. Can you tell I started my diet today? I am asking about chocolate instead of The Liberty Bell. Sheesh!

Dr Zibbs said...

That's the funniest first line of a blog I've read in ages.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.