3.16.2009

Are ya goin'??



As much as I'd like to, I'm not. San Francisco in '08 was out of the question. Chicago, same deal. I have to pick my battles in this life, and this one doesn't seem worth the trouble, this year.

I'm way too much of a control freak to fly across the country, pay for a flight and hotel as well as meals and rental cars. In addition to all that expense, I'd need to arrange for the care of my dogs and my daughters for 3 or 4 days. I'd feel too guilty about the money and being away for so long.

How about you? Have you ever gone? If you have, was it worth the trouble? I'm not trying to be a buzz kill, I'm really interested.

I have to admit, I am very intrigued. I have yet to meet one other blogger face to face. I can't even fathom meeting hundreds of them all at once.

In order for me to attend, which I REALLY want to do, we need to have the next BlogHer within driving distance from my house. I'm bound and determined to make this happen.

So can you help a fellow blogger out? When you go to BlogHer, rally for an East coast location in 2010. New York, or Philly preferably. If you do, you get to meet me!!! Maybe I'll even do a little symposium on half assed slacker blogging. I'm an EXPERT on this subject.

Plus, it's only fair, the west coast and the midwest had their turns...let's give the east coast peeps a chance to throw a party!!!

Join the crusade for a Northeast BlogHer in 2010!

(In the meantime, let me live vicariously though you, have you got any good BlogHer stories??)


9 comments:

Petunia said...

It sounds fun. I would like to go one day!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - Blogher on the east coast next year! I thought about going, because my BIL lives in Chicago, but the logistics (and the finances) daunt me.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I have often thought how fun it would be to meet all the bloggers I know ... esp the ones I have known for years !!!

Anonymous said...

No I am not going- I think I would hyperventilate....

Greens and Pinks said...

Nope, not worth the trouble to leave my husband and babies to fly 1/2 way across the country. I will say, though, that meeting my local blogger pals has been fabulous!

Jill said...

Though I think it would be so fun to meet fellow bloggers (including you!) I can't stand Blogher's liberal political-agenda-which-they-completely-deny. If they would only just admit their agenda, I'd be fine. But they deny their motives in an effort to bring in swarms of people and the cash that come with them. Wonder which Democrat (or Democrat's spouse) they will have as "guest speaker" this year. If it was in my own back yard, I'd vacate my house.

jenn said...

I'd love to, but I'm not.

Northeast 2010!!!!!

Unknown said...

I did go to BlogHer '08 and had a ball. I'm headed to Chi-town, too. I truly believe it's what you make of it. I walked away with some really great contacts ... and some really great friends.

Oh, and yes ... it's the East Coast's turn!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Jaina said...

Nope, not this time. San Francisco was doable, but I'd just barely started blogging at that point and had no idea what was going on. One of my favorite bloggers is speaking in Chicago, I really wish I could go. But unfortunately I can't spare the time away or any of the expenses. I'll just live vicariously through the posts from those who are there.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.