7.19.2009

You Have Been Warned...


It took every bit of my effort to get off Facebook and onto this blog to warn my fellow computer addicts.

Whatever you do...don't try Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. Not even once. That's all it takes to get hooked. And once you're addicted, your life will never EVER be the same.

I'm distracted, my muscles are stiff, my eyes are bloodshot, my thighs have burns from my hot laptop. Hours of time goes by without even realizing it.

There are people counting on me, but all I can think about is getting my next medal. I keep telling myself, "When I get to 25,000, I'll stop." But that day never comes.

When family members ask how long I've been playing, I tell them 10 minutes, when It's really been 3 hours.

I have bills to pay, a house to clean, children to feed and tennis matches to play. In addition to that, I have a very unpopular blog with low ratings that needs my attention.

But all I can do is sit like a zombie and try to match gems.

I know the first step to overcoming an addiction is admitting you have a problem. So there you have it. I admit it.

Please heed my warning. I care about you.

I've never been a very good example. The least I can do is be a horrible warning.

Stay away. Bejeweled Blitz is the devil in disguise.

It will steal your soul and ruin your life.

You have been warned.


10 comments:

Sandra said...

Hilarious!! Yes, we understand. Cause how many hours have I played Gem Drop? Don't want to tell ;-) haha

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

haha too funny!! block breakers is the same way for me!

WSU Laura said...

Didn't you hear, Farkle is the new Bejeweled Blitz. Hello my name is WSULaura and I am a BejeweledBlitzaholic.

Anonymous said...

Facebook. Ugh, I had to quit it altogether. I spent waaayyy too much time on it and felt like I knew waayyyy too much about everybody. And don't get me started on Scrabble!

jenn said...

Ooooh...sounds like fun! Or am I missing the point here?

The 5 Bickies said...

Sounds like it's a good thing that I don't have the foggiest idea where to find it on facebook. I can barely read what people post.

Still a newbit...

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

I love Facebook games. I've tried a bunch of them.

Currently I'm playing some of the "mindjolt" games on facebook. Equally addictive.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Please I wasted a whole summer playing a bouncy ball game online and life guarding from the office window. Walk away while you can!

Tammy said...

I am addicted to Bejeweled too. It drives me crazy as I keep saying to myself...one more game...it's only a minute. I scored 105,00 once and I can't do it again, that drives me nuts!!

Jaina said...

Of course as soon as I read that I wanted to go play. Don't worry, I'm resisting for the evening...hopefully I'll forget about it by morning. Thanks for the warning!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.