7.10.2009

My blog has fallen...

And it can't get up!!!

I just took a little cruise over to Google Analytics and the numbers are not looking good.

The economy has tanked, and so has my blog traffic. It's down 39% in the past month. Shameful!

Here are the numbers:



In the past months I've had:


3,064 visits
4,113 page views

I'm not motivated enough to report my former stats, but let's just say, they were a HELL of alot higher than this a few months ago.

There you go, I told you my deepest darkest blog secret. Is that tacky? I'm not sure what the etiquette is on this one. Is it rude to ask someone to reveal their blog stats? Is it as tasteless as asking someone how much they make a year, or how much they weigh?


Maybe I'm tacky, but I'm going to put it out there.

Let's share numbers.

What do yours look like?

Are my numbers "normal" or should I be mortified?

Is your blog thriving, or tanking?

This might be just the wake up call I need to put a little more effort into my little blog.

Oh, and yes, I know this picture is in poor taste. Get over it.


13 comments:

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Mine are about double that..but at least your blog is WORKING. Mine is not. Blogger is working on it, so they say...I'm having a complete meltdown today!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Your numbers are probably down because all the moms have children home for the summer which they are taxiing all day...not as much time for blog reading. Mine are the same way and I just haven't had time to read all the blogs I usually do. We still love your blog!

Dr Zibbs said...

My numbers have been down too. I don't get it. I mean..it couldn't be the content..

Maybe Google is broken? I dont know.

Paula@SweetPea said...

There could be something wrong with Google Analytics. I looked at mine earlier today and it said that I had zero visits for most days at the end of June. I really don't think that's right b/c I've posted and had comments.

I love your blog and you can count me in as a visitor. I don't always comment, but I always read your posts.

Kim said...

Mine are steady, I guess I don't get any new readers. They are about the same every month.

Sandra said...

I forget to check GA, but I think numbers would be down in the summer because people are outside more, on vaca, etc. When it's cold we are on our computers more! Right? I am still reading yours cause I will be working for you when you start your production company ;-) xoxo

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

I get about 40,000 hits a month, and have been down about 2.45% since the onset of summer.

I think it's pretty normal. My numbers last year at this time were the same.

Don't sweat it!

Maureen said...

ha! I just read Clemson Girl's numbers. My little old blog would combust if it had 10% of those numbers!

I am lousy with comments, but I adore your blog!

Jan said...

I don't have Google Analytics but I know my traffic is down and so is my motivation. Not sure if it is due to summer weather or personal stress. I plan on getting my groove back soon.

Constant Frivolity said...

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but since I updated my IE, your blog does not load. I keep getting an error message. I have to steal the kids' computer in order to view your blog. I haven't and will not update IE, because there is no way I'm going to miss your updates!

Constant Frivolity said...

I meant to say I refuse to update the kids' computer.

Organic Meatbag said...

That commercial? 2nd only to "Where's The Beef" when it comes to elderly participation... as far as my numbers, I don't even bother to check...I know I would only obsess over them and drive myself crazy, and frankly, I don't need any more help with that...hahaha!

Jaina said...

I don't think my numbers are ever that high. So, yours look good to me. I don't know offhand what my current stats are though. (I'm much to lazy to check at the moment)

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.