7.17.2009

Some blogs offer advice...


But not mine. I use my blog to GET advice. Here's today's dilemma...

I try to stay in shape, play tennis a few times a week, and I wear a size 6, but after two c-sections and 44 years on this earth, my stomach needs a little "taming" when I wear clingy clothes.

I kept hearing about "Spanx" so I finally decided to suck it up, and buy some.

I went to Macy's and purchased two camis. One in beige and one in black. Being who I am, I promptly ripped the tags off them, threw the tags and receipt in the garbage and stuck the camis in my drawer. Why did I do that? Because I'm an impulsive idiot, that's why. But we'll deal with that issue later.

Anyway, about two weeks later I was wearing a clingy sundress and decided to pull those costly undergarments and put them on. Let me tell you, I HATED them. I got a size medium, which you'd think would fit, but they ROLL UP every time I put them on.

Right where they are supposed to be sucking me in.
I'm so bummed.

Have any of you experienced "Spanx Malfunction?"

If so, are there any other brands of body shapers you could recommend to this gut gainer?

Whatever you do, don't tell me to start doing crunches, because this tennis lover does not go there. EVER.

I anxiously await your reply.


17 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

yummietummie.com

:)

Dr Zibbs said...

Taming.

Anonymous said...

i hated those things too...so i decided to just let it all hang out-

Unknown said...

I've never worn the tops I've only worn the bottoms and they work WONDERS!!!

Unknown said...

I hate every kind I've tried. It's too hot in Texas to wear anything like that. I leaning towards buying out JJill. All the cotten, linen and loose clothes hide a multitude of rolls.

Karen said...

They are pretty expensive. I use them to tend my tremendous behind and hip and they do work. I have never had rolling or riding up (or down). They are like underwear and come up to just below my bra. They even make my posture better when I sit.

So I think my adivce is to try the ones which approach the problem from the other end.

justme said...

there is some infomorcial i have seen for some sort of shaper, i don't know the name but of course they made it seem like a miracle for 19.99 ....

Anonymous said...

Try a one piece bodysuit type cami next time, so it can't roll up. But honestly, you're a size 6, so it CAN'T be that bad!

The 5 Bickies said...

I totally have the same problem with my spanx shaper. It has a high waist that rolls down. I spent an entire afternoon/evening at a wedding hiking my panties.

I would have been better off with a jiggly bottom.

Ned said...

Girl forget the cami's. The biker short type underwear is the best!

tripleZmom said...

I wear the biker short kind. Still uncomfortable, but doesn't roll.

Jan said...

Wow if I was a size 6 I would not care to wear such torturous undergarments! I might not wear clothes at all!

Jill said...

The only spanx product I've tried are the footless tights, and I hated them. See if the store will take the cami back anyway - it's worth a shot. Most stores can scan the card you used and find the transaction. I personally am a fan of the good old fashioned girdle, without the leg band. I don't have tummy issues, but it nips, tucks and smooths nearly everywhere.

Lipstick said...

Oh, my! I am so sorry that you had Spanx Malfunction! I can't help it -I am laughing so hard about the impulsive idiot part because that is how I roll too. I never have tags or receipts because I am foolishly optimistic.

I'm not going to be much help, I'm afraid...I have the camis, the full body things, the panties, the bras...love them all. I have noticed though if the size is too small the rolling happens. Maybe the store will exchange the size...

Jaina said...

I've never tried those things, but I definitely won't after reading this. The only real option I can think of is to get one of the full body ones, that way it can't roll there. I don't know how comfortable that will be all the time though. I have what I call a body glove...looks like a very fitting strapless black dress. My mom got it for me in high school to wear under a dress I borrowed from a friend for our band banquet because I couldn't wear a bra with that one. I felt nice and slimmed and it was pretty comfortable. I still joke that I could totally put that on and be ready to go clubbing. Except I'm not really a clubbing person.

Unknown said...

I think maybe you just got the wrong Spanx product? I am thinking the higher power panty might be better for a trouble tummy. At least I find that the power panty works quite well for sucking in the post baby belly and also for smoothing out your bum and thighs. Don't give up on Spanx just yet! Try one of their other products.

preppyinnewengland said...

Oh...the suffering we so endure! I only use the but huggers!...and it works for me. I haven't worn the tops tho.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.