7.07.2009

Goodbye Michael


I haven't commented on the death of Michael Jackson, but I got a chance to watch some of his memorial service today, and I was really touched.

It was sad to see such a mix of genius and sadness. I was particularly struck by Brooke Shields' tribute and Jermaine Jackson's rendition of the song "Smile."

Of course, the most heartbreaking moment was when Michael's daughter Paris expressed her love for her father.

He was indeed an strange man, but his music was awesome and a huge part of my life when I was growing up.

I hope he has found the peace and happiness eluded him in his life.

Goodbye Michael


4 comments:

Sandra said...

His daughter broke my heart. She is a stark reminder that those children lost their daddy. And all this other is really irrelevant.

Unknown said...

Jill-I could not have said it better!

Jaina said...

Very nicely put Jill. Thank you.

Unknown said...

it was sad... i m just shocking news ... Michael Jackson is a legend ... he will be known as god of break dancer for the long time...

regards
sam

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.