7.28.2009

Jumping on the BlogHer Bandwagon...

I've been blogging for a couple of years now and every summer around this time the blog community starts buzzing about BlogHer.

The first year I knew about it the conference was held in San Francisco. This year, it was in Chicago. Since I live on the East Coast there was no way I could have gone...even if I wanted to.

As you know, blogging is a fun little side hobby for me, in addition to my tennis, facebook and twittering. If I had the opportunity to take a weekend trip, it would be to a tennis camp, or a weekend with my high school friends. My weekends away are few and far between, so I have to be choosy.

I've enjoyed reading blog posts about the conference and get a kick out of the stories about cliques and parties and fights over swag bags, but I never felt I was missing out, because there was no way I could travel half way across the country to attend.

Now, however, I have a dilemma. The 2010 BlogHer location was announced and it will be held right in my backyard...in the Big Apple! Yay!!! (I mean shit!)

Now I have a real problem. Apparently tickets sell out fast. Do I want to spend the money to register? Even for a local, they aren't that cheap. Will it be fun for a slacker blogger to hob knob with the the blogging pros? Who the heck will I hang out with?

More questions...should I go to the lectures and discussions, or just hit a few parties to meet some bloggers face to face?

If you are a BlogHer vet, help a rookie out! If you are one of my blog friends...do you want to go with me and form our own slacker blogger posse?

There's strength in numbers you know...

Don't make me go to the prom (I mean BlogHer) without a date...

I'll get you a corsage and sneak in a bottle of Boone's Farm if you come with me. I'll even make "Slacker Blogger Posse" t-shirts!

Whaddya think? Are you in?


11 comments:

Greens and Pinks said...

Oh, I think it would be HYSTERICAL to have a preppy-slacker-blogger contingency in NYC next summer! We'd all be like "hi, we blog...kind of..."

Let's do it!

Tara R. said...

If it is that close, go... attend some sessions if they look interesting, attend a few parties (stay or leave depending on how much fun they are), meet all your bloggy pals and make a couple new ones.

The conference is really what you make of it. It was lots of fun.

justme said...

i think you and i need to go, how much is it ???

Unknown said...

LOL...you are so funny...I would love to go...I like you need some logistics...maybe Linda from short pump preppy can give us some tips...do I need to sell my first born to attend?

Karen said...

I am in. Your fellow NJ chica! It is something that makes me excited and nervous all at the same time.

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

The conference was what you made out of it. I'm a sorority girl, it was like Fall Rush. Everyone trying to meet everyone.

If you are shy, it probably won't be fun.

i did my post tonight. So gals check out my randomness and feel free to ask me questions. My e-mail is on the site.

Anonymous said...

wait how much are tickets?

Jill said...

I'd be all about the socializing and meeting people part of BlogHer, but you do realize it was started by - and continues to be - very much a liberal based front for a lot of snarky liberal political stuff. I'd rather throw my money off a bridge than give any to them. And this is in no way against anyone who attends.... just my own opinion. I don't attend or support stuff that fundamentally goes against my moral grain.

Dr Zibbs said...

I'll decide last minute but I would like to party with some of my MILF followers.

Jan said...

I am very curious about Blogher. What really goes on there?

Jaina said...

I'm curious for sure and I'd love to go. How much does it actually cost? I'm not sure I'd ever be able to afford it.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.