6.22.2008

Your assignment (if you choose to accept it)...

Let's face it...no one likes a fat alcoholic. Skinny alcoholics, on the other hand, are all the rage...(think Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton and Amy Winehouse or is she a drug addict? Whatever, she's skinny isn't she? That's all that counts.)

Anyway, if you want to be super cool, like these gals, try these fab recipes for Low-Cal Cocktails-they look yummy. Let me know what you think!




104-calorie Mojito

6 oz. diet lemon-lime soda

12 mint leaves

1/4 lime sliced 1 1/2 oz rum

5 to 8 ice cubes

Pulverize mint and lime in glass.

Add soda and rum.

Stir well. Add ice. Garnish with mint and lime.

You save 146 calories!!



115 - calorie Margarita

6 oz. diet lemon-lime soda

1 1/2 oz tequila

1 packet sugar free lemonade flavored drink mix

2 tbsp. lime juice

5 to 8 ice cubes or 1 cup crushed ice


Stir first four ingredients together and pour over ice, or for a frozen version, place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.

Garnish with a lime wedge.

You saved 625 calories!


P.S. You might want to mix up a pitcher of these before "Tennis Tuesday" my new series on my trials and tribulations on the courts of suburban Jersey. Trust me...you'll need it.


17 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

So I don't drink. But those look super good and I'm going to try them.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Yum to both of those!

Lipstick said...

Too funny about the skinny bitch drinks! Thanks for the recipes.

Melly said...

Love the recipes. Can't wait until Tuesday...I've marked my calendar:)

Paula@SweetPea said...

I'll definitely try these recipes. Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

with the mojito you can also try the crystal light limeade - works well...i need to cut back on a lot- seems i just keep gaining! and alcohol will be the first thing to go- of course i only drink in the summer- those margaritas and i love my sangria!

Anonymous said...

What part of New Jersey? I grew up in Cherry Hill but now reside in SC for 29years,parents retired when I was 14 so I am a mere 44.. Those drinks look yummy, I save even more calories by turning the vodka bottle upside down in my mouth some days!! JK! i play league tennis too, so i have to laugh and say everything you say is soooo true!!
Anonymous B

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Love it! Bethenney Frankel makes a great Skinny Pomegranetini!

NH Yocal said...

Yum, I am definitely trying that Margarita one!

BTW, since you are so cool and your blog is awesome, come on by mine for a little award!

Anonymous said...

Bless you for posting that mojito recipe - they are my favorite and I've been abstaining - must be 105 for the vaca - but maybe with this recipe I could indulge a bit.

Jill said...

The margaritas look delish.

The Mrs. said...

Wow, I need to be a skinny alkie so I'll get on this asap.

Karen MEG said...

These look AWESOME!!!! Thank you!

Petite G. said...

I'm back. I wanted to say thanks for the love. It meant so much to me.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

YUMMY! Thanks for posting!

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

I love the margarita one!

Jaina said...

I'll have to try the margarita one next time I'm in the mood for a drink. I'm a sucker for a great margarita.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.